TXWARN P25 help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if there are any TXWARN P25 sites in Galveston county
that carry Ft bend county sheriff traffic ? if any ?

sleebusjones

AFAIK, a site will only carry traffic there if there is a radio that is registered to that site. So I doubt it, unless they are specifically piping traffic over.

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
i have noticed some sites like Texas city , Santa Fe , carry traffic 1 , 2 ,
and sometimes 3 counties away, as an example one the Texas city site
i sometimes get Matagorda county IDs, so i was just wondering if anyone
has heard any Ft. bend county traffic on any of the Galveston county sites :)

sleebusjones

It may be that someone is travelling in that coverage area so the radio registers there and you hear the traffic? I'm just grasping at straws here. :) You can do what I do: set the scanner up on whatever site you want to monitor and set a wildcard to pick up every TG that shows up on the site. I usually let it run for a week or so. I then look those TG up on the RR database and see what they are. Time consuming, but it builds a list of the actual traffic on the site. There's probably better ways to do it.

Myles

It may be that someone is travelling in that coverage area so the radio registers there and you hear the traffic? I'm just grasping at straws here. :) You can do what I do: set the scanner up on whatever site you want to monitor and set a wildcard to pick up every TG that shows up on the site. I usually let it run for a week or so. I then look those TG up on the RR database and see what they are. Time consuming, but it builds a list of the actual traffic on the site. There's probably better ways to do it.

I would agree, that you typically would NOT hear FBCSO on the Galveston County sites unless someone wandered in range (perhaps a prisoner pick-up). You might hear them on occasion but it would not be consistent or anything you could rely on.
Would have best luck on sites closest to Fort Bend County like Friendswood or Ginger Rd.

cslg2

A piggy back on this, my HP1 is no longer picking up Fort Bend County SO or local PDs, has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you,

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
A piggy back on this, my HP1 is no longer picking up Fort Bend County SO or local PDs, has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you,

A lot of them are now P25 Phase 2 TDMA, which unfortunately the HP-1 won't decode.

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
thank you ! I have put Fort Bend county S.O TGs in My TRX-1 on all Galveston sites
and have isolated them to a single scan list with alarm activated in case there any activity,
that is the way i have done this in the past

cslg2

Thank you, I have been listening to my handheld BCD436HP today and am catching Fire/Constables, but no SO.

Status
Not open for further replies.