• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tytera TYT MD-UV390GPS codeplug problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnsoGroup

Hi
I have this TYT MD-UV390 GPS and the problem I have is that, doesn't matter what digital frequency I am writing in CPS, after upload to radio, is remain on 446.000 MHz...
Need help with an firmware (I think...)

bharvey2

The TYT MD380 and MD390 radios are DMR radios. They are capable of analog emission as well. Do you have any experience with radio programming, specifically with DMR codeplugs? Also, where are you located?

AnsoGroup

The TYT MD380 and MD390 radios are DMR radios. They are capable of analog emission as well. Do you have any experience with radio programming, specifically with DMR codeplugs? Also, where are you located?

Yes, I know how to program it. I did it before and it worked. I did not use this radio for months and when I tried to add some repeaters and other frequencies, it start making that problem, it doesn't save any frequency except 446.000 MHz...
It doesn't matter if I try to add from CPS or directly from Programming Menu, result is same.
I am located in Romania.

bharvey2

Okay. I thought this might be a new radio or that you were new to programming. Clearly neither are the case. Can you read from the radio? Unless something is wrong with the radio itself, I'm wondering if your programming cable is bad or the driver for the interface cable is corrupted.

AnsoGroup

I am able to read/write codeplug but without any change. I have used CPS and DMR Codeplug Editor from Miklor page but with both result is same.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like it is in VFO mode instead of using the memories. I'm not familiar with this radio specifically, but I've seen it plenty of times on other radios. Take it out of VFO mode.

bharvey2

Can you get anything to change in the codeplug that you can verify on the radio such as start up screen? If so, perhaps there is an issue with VFO mode vs. channel mode.

AnsoGroup

Can you get anything to change in the codeplug that you can verify on the radio such as start up screen? If so, perhaps there is an issue with VFO mode vs. channel mode.
I already tried to change start up screen and is working. If I change for example in Menu tab, and deactivate menus, is ok, codeplug is changing.

AnsoGroup

Another problem I just noticed is that, if I try to add a channel to any zone, on CH B, the radio is restarting. So, I believe, the general problem is with firmware.
Where I can find an old, good version?
I already tried several firmware but after flashing, radio remain in programming mode. Only with actual firmware is starting normally.

bharvey2

This site has a few versions of firmware:

One think to consider is that with a firmware update, an update to a later CPS may be needed as well. When you upgraded your firmware, did you install newer programming software as well? This isn't always necessary but I noticed on the site above that the firmware/CPS is bundled together. I've run across the issue with other brands of radios too.

brndnstffrd

When you update the firmware it locks te radio to ham bands only. This was due to meet some FCC regs even though the radio is Part 90 and is allowed to transmit outside of the ham bands. There is an unlock procedure that you must do if what you are programming it for falls outside of the ham bands:

This only needs to be done once after the firmware update.

bharvey2

On the Channels Information page, there are two drop down items labeled Rx REF Frequency and Tx REF Frequency. Try changing those. I vaguely recall that someone with a Wouxun radio was having some odd behavior and for some reason, changing those corrected the problem. I have no idea why that was a problem but maybe it will help you.

AnsoGroup

I have solved the problem. Thank to bharvey2
As I suspected, the problem was firmware. I updated with an older version and now is ok.

Sergii

When you update the firmware it locks te radio to ham bands only. This was due to meet some FCC regs even though the radio is Part 90 and is allowed to transmit outside of the ham bands. There is an unlock procedure that you must do if what you are programming it for falls outside of the ham bands:

This only needs to be done once after the firmware update.
This method does not work now. With new batches of unlocking devices does not occur. A couple of days ago I got mine TYT MD-UV390, had firmware S18.011, the radio works only in the range 144-146/430-440. I installed various very old firmware, they are on the TYT website, on its Chinese version, but the old firmware also did not help unlock the radio station. According to the method described above, the radio station actually changes its range from 144-146/430-440 to 150-160/450-460, but it does not work in the new range. Also, it cannot work simultaneously with different ranges.
Unblocking problems confirmed by my seller - this is a new company policy TYT. The seller was very surprised when he could not unlock a single radio station from the new batch.
Therefore, we need a new way to hack and unlock radio stations TYT UV380/UV390.

Status
Not open for further replies.