ProScan: UBCD536PT

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Will Proscan work with UBCD536PT
I don't know. It's not on the list of supported scanners. Can you or someone test that model to see if it works.
Set the scanner type to BCD536HP and see if the serial port & Wi-Fi works then put it in Mass Storage mode and see if the FL can be read and written.

morrisr3nd

Just kind of taking it all in
Premium Subscriber
Unless you know someone who has one of those model scanners you can try your copy of the software on then I think you might be out of luck unless there's someone on here who has done it.

Ubbe

The SD card for a UBC536PT scanner have it's root file folder named to ubcdx36 instead of the normal BCDx36HP, so if Proscan doesn't support that scanner it can't read the files.

/Ubbe

Nari59

Yes ProScan will work with the UBDC536-PT. Although the PT is not listed on the list of scanners in ProScan, but clicking on the BCD536HP model, it will allow you to connect to your PT and give you full control. You must use a "FEMALE" DB9 connector (Amazon https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B017CZ3FZ2?ref_=pe_19115062_429603572_302_E_DDE_dt_1&th=1).

These are the steps I took to set up my system.

1. Connect the DB9 cable to GPS serial port back of 536PT.
2. In the scanner open Menu>scroll to Set your Location & Range>press Yes>scroll to Set up GPS>scroll to Baud rate>scroll to 115200 Press Yes. Press Menu.
3. Connect the cable to a computer USB port.
4. Open Device Manager in PC, under Ports (Com & LPT) should see Dtech USB Serial Controller (Com number?) (Driver should be auto installed).*
5. Take note of that Port Number.
6. Open ProScan software, select “Scanner Type”, click Scanner “BCD536HP” and “OK” (as there is no listing for UBCD536PT).
7. Still in ProScan select “Comm Port”, click “Refresh”, then “Auto Detect”.
8. Ensure ProScan "Baud Rate" speed is 115200.
9. The port number from above will now be shown as “Available”.
10. Click on that Available port number, then select “Set Selected Available Port”.
11. The 536PT scanner will now be visible on ProScan software, where you now have full control.

And Bob's your uncle or aunty as the case may be.

rocky28965

Premium Subscriber
I notice the cable you refer to has the PL2303 chipset.
So I'm assuming that is required to make this work?

Nari59

Yes that's correct. Sorry I should have included this in the setup steps. I overlooked this because I had previously installed the drivers for the PL2303 when using ProScan to connect with a UBCG396XT scanner.

This is the link to the latest PL2303 drivers

Ubbe

4. Open Device Manager in PC, under Ports (Com & LPT) should see Dtech USB Serial Controller (Com number?) (Driver should be auto installed).*
Serial port and its drivers are only used for the virtual display control and for remote use. For programming you'll need the 536 scanner to be a USB mass storage device.

/Ubbe

Nari59

That's correct, this setup only gives you the remote control and virtual display of the 536. I haven't used it for programming, for that I use Sentinel software.

It appears that the link above for the PL2303 drivers didn't work, best to Google for PL2303 and click on the Prolific web site.