• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

UHF Repeater coverage problem

RFI-EMI-GUY

A repeater system must be tested for desense (TNRD) into a proper 50 ohm load and then teested again on the installed antenna system. The goal is to have none, 0 dB, desense into 50 ohm load and nearly zero dB into the antenna. You may find you have site noise and that is tested and measured similarly by substituting antenna and load with no TX activated. If your shop has not done this, their job is half done.

The DB Spectra comes with a two port hybrid combiner and if that's disconnected the insertion loss will be less.
I had a call to VA hospital with a paging coverage problem. They had a UHF repeater and VHF paging xmtr cross band coupled into a custom DAS. The VA police decided to ditch their UHF system and go with the county's 800 trunk system. The feed from the repeater to the coupler was hanging in the air since the repeater had been removed.

They ended up spending a tidy sum of our tax payer dollars to install an 800 MHz DAS because they had poor coverage after the switch.

Attachments

• unterminated coax.jpg
    unterminated coax.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 26

prcguy

I had a call to VA hospital with a paging coverage problem. They had a UHF repeater and VHF paging xmtr cross band coupled into a custom DAS. The VA police decided to ditch their UHF system and go with the county's 800 trunk system. The feed from the repeater to the coupler was hanging in the air since the repeater had been removed.

They ended up spending a tidy sum of our tax payer dollars to install an 800 MHz DAS because they had poor coverage after the switch.
Where are the radio system drawings for the building and who failed to update them or to even look at them when changing radio systems? When I was working people would be fired over something like this. Everything must be documented and up to date at all times, otherwise you get what you described.

Where are the radio system drawings for the building and who failed to update them or to even look at them when changing radio systems? When I was working people would be fired over something like this. Everything must be documented and up to date at all times, otherwise you get what you described.
It's the feds, no one accepts responsibility.
I bet if someone ran a report on the number of times the VAPD used common TGs on the county's system it would be minimal.