BCD396XT/BCD996XT: UID #s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heidi750

Premium Subscriber
It's been awhile since I used the UID #s.
I used to have it working years ago ...

I am using the BCD996XT with Firmware 1.04.00

I've made up a UID Group within the System ...
Does it have to be assigned a specific Quick Key in order to work? ie. #1
I have the Unit ID function turned on in the Settings.

Is there a specific Display Mode I should use?
I get the ID # and the UID# ... but nothing from my list - even though I know some are still the correct ID and UID#s.

I'm looking for the Vehicle Name I've assigned the UID number to appear in the Display ...
Will it also appear in the "Virtual Control" ?

Helpful Comments???

teufler

yes it will appear in vitual control providing you have don e the following.

Scroll to 'Disp. Unit ID' and press E/.
Scroll to On or Off and press E/ to save and exit.
Then I have found capturing better when you go to mode 3 Trunking Indicator. Unit id's appear in mode 2 on the display but they don't seem to capture in Virtual mode logging as wsell as mode 3.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
I am sure you can do that. When the UID thing first came out I was able to "assign" a car number to the UID for certain police cars in the police district I live in. I have no clue how I did it but it did work pretty cool.

teufler

I can see assigning them a tgid, but you would run out of capacity pretty quick. I'm thinking how you could do it though. Nowq some of the cars, I can recognize trooper voices.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
With the 396xt. You can have up to 500 UIDs in the system system file and they need an i for the UID #.

What I have done in the past with my 396xt. is to create a agency (ie pd,etc) using the system. Then create UID folder in the same system folder.

Hope that helps.

Heidi750

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the comments ... I knew I was missing something ...
The little "I" before the ID number did the trick.
It appears on the scanner display ... but doesn't appear on the Virtual Control on the PC
Any More Suggestions?

Thanks

Make sure each ID number is preceded by the lower case letter "i".

If no quick key is assigned that group will always be on, unless it is locked out.

teufler

some do and some dont. I have had better luck capturing in the log with mode 3 setting in Freescan, scanner setup, general, in the lower right corner changing from mode 2, to mode 3. The frequency isw captured in the log, but sometimes even there the unit id is not captured, but its better than mode 2.

Heidi750

Premium Subscriber
So just to wrap this one up ...
Make a separate Group for the UID #s
Don't forget the little "i" before the unit number in the Talkgroup column.
And lastly ... the Alpha Tag will appear on the scanner and on the Virtual Control Display ... but NOT in the Log.

Thanks to all those who helped the Grey matter slowly recall what I used to do.
Blessings & 73s
VE6-EFD

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
There is one advantage/disadvantage to using UIDs. The scanner will stop on any transmission from a radio which has it's UID entered into a group, regardless of any talk group status. You will hear phone patches and direct /private calls as well.

This can be a disadvantage if streaming audio to a feed as it permits unauthorized transmissions.

I used to stream a FD feed and there was this one Battallion Chief who liked to call his mistress on the radio's phone patch. All his phone calls would come through, bypassing any/all talk groups. The only way to prevent this was to lockout his UID, but that blocked all his transmissions.

dw2872

There is one advantage/disadvantage to using UIDs. The scanner will stop on any transmission from a radio which has it's UID entered into a group, regardless of any talk group status. You will hear phone patches and direct /private calls as well.

Is this is search or scan mode?

I wonder if it will also skip a specific transmission from that UID if you have it locked out in the database.

Heidi750

Premium Subscriber
This is in SCAN mode ...

NOTE: you must have the "Disp Unit ID" turned on in the Settings.
As the unit IDs appear, write them down, make a talkgroup for the ID#s and in the Alpha Tag column enter what you want them to be called.

If you have the UID talkgroup or the ID locked out ... YES it will skip them.

The only down side is if someone answers to quickly the squelch won't drop and you might get stuck with the previous callers ID display.

Hope this Helps?

Is this is search or scan mode?

I wonder if it will also skip a specific transmission from that UID if you have it locked out in the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.