UID's, Single CH P-25 & manual operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

campd715

Premium Subscriber
Hello and a Happy New Year to all.

I have numerous frequencies setup individually as separate “Sites” within one “Single Channel P25” system in my 996XT. I also have several UID's entered as TGID's (ixxxxxxx). There are times that I want to manually check on the status of an entered frequency, so while the radio is in ID search mode I hit the hold button and then make use of the function knob to manually scroll through the entered frequencies.

Here's the issue: because I have entered the UID's I have to scroll through every entered UID before the radio will display the next frequency. The more UID's entered, the more manual scrolling per frequency. Very tedious....

Any helpful thoughts, ideas or suggestions?

Dennis

box23

Hello and a Happy New Year to all.

I have numerous frequencies setup individually as separate “Sites” within one “Single Channel P25” system in my 996XT. I also have several UID's entered as TGID's (ixxxxxxx). There are times that I want to manually check on the status of an entered frequency, so while the radio is in ID search mode I hit the hold button and then make use of the function knob to manually scroll through the entered frequencies.

Here's the issue: because I have entered the UID's I have to scroll through every entered UID before the radio will display the next frequency. The more UID's entered, the more manual scrolling per frequency. Very tedious....

Any helpful thoughts, ideas or suggestions?

Dennis

You're on the right track, just need one more step. After you push HOLD, push FUNCTION. Now when you scroll you will scroll through the different sites without having to go through the programmed TGID's.

Status
Not open for further replies.