Unication G5 Programming

KC3UYF

Premium Subscriber
I recently picked up a Unication G5 Pager and am trying to program it for St. Mary's County Fire/EMS. I am used to programming the Moto Minitor pagers, but the Unication seems to be a pretty good learning curve. Does anyone have a codeplug for St. Mary's I could use to take a look and hopefully figure this out?

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
The frequency and system data is available on here under database, St. Marys County, St Marys Trunked system

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I recently picked up a Unication G5 Pager and am trying to program it for St. Mary's County Fire/EMS. I am used to programming the Moto Minitor pagers, but the Unication seems to be a pretty good learning curve. Does anyone have a codeplug for St. Mary's I could use to take a look and hopefully figure this out?

Please provide the FW and PPS version you are using these make a difference in how it is programmed.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Programming the Unications is a bit obtuse, but once you understand how their software works, it's not too bad. This morning, I used PPS V4 to reprogram my G5 that was programmed with most P25 systems in the Maryland / DC area using PPS V3. The old V3 profile does not import correctly into V4, thus is the reason why you need to be specific about versions (a V3 profile cannot be used with PPS V4 software, and I imagine the reverse is true.) I programmed one system after downloading the data from Radio Reference -requires a premium account - and I will eventually add others as time permits.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Programming the Unications is a bit obtuse, but once you understand how their software works, it's not too bad. This morning, I used PPS V4 to reprogram my G5 that was programmed with most P25 systems in the Maryland / DC area using PPS V3. The old V3 profile does not import correctly into V4, thus is the reason why you need to be specific about versions (a V3 profile cannot be used with PPS V4 software, and I imagine the reverse is true.) I programmed one system after downloading the data from Radio Reference -requires a premium account - and I will eventually add others as time permits.
Correct, you can't even use PPS v3 to read a device programmed with PPS v4.