Uniden 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjfswkr

HI all, am I the only one but the instructions for this scanner leave a lot to be desired. I am even having trouble figuring out how to set date and time.

Kevin

kb8rvp

If you look at the Sticky just above your post you will see Uniden BCD436/536HP FAQ Read This First!! and in that you will see:
My new BCD436HP/BCD536HP is constantly asking me to set the time and date...what gives?
From Uniden's UPMan:

Quote:
Keep the Time!
Plug in your scanner and turn it on. The first things you'll see are prompts to set the date and time. The scanner has a real-time clock with backup power that will run the clock for about 1 week. The backup power needs to charge for about 50 hours before full backup-time becomes available. If the backup source is depleted before power is restored, you will be prompted to set the time again upon power up.

Upman also posted a video in the WiKi section of RR first power on setting the clock:
BCD536HP: First Power On - YouTube

Hope this helps and happy scanning.

Mike

Last edited:

kjfswkr

Thanks Mike. Now another newbie question, why does it keep asking me to set time and date when I have done that already?

73'

kevin

kjfswkr

Thanks for your words of enlightenment Joey! I have it plugged in for the last day so can't believe it can't hold a charge for a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.