Uniden BCD 396XT Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

bchibb

I have reset and deleted all pre programed info.

I want to set up to scan only specific freqs, I choose. For example I would like to scan: 155.3100, 155.4300,155.4300, 460.1000, 460.250, 460.3125, etc.

Please explain in detail how to do this manually.

I'm looking at options for programming software, but I have a MAC.

kbehning

Premium Subscriber
I thought apple computers "just worked"? Wait, you actually need software available to do the things you want to do.

I guess everyone who owns "PC's", aka real computers, aren't all loser geeks like the apple ads show.

Nothing against the orignial poster, just an example of how apple isn't the end all of personal computing like they wish they were, far from it.

Sorry, off the soapbox

kbehning

bchibb

It does just work, but there doesn't see to be any scanner programming software for a MAC.

davedaver1

Premium Subscriber
It does just work, but there doesn't see to be any scanner programming software for a MAC.

Unfortunately that seems to be true. You might want to consider if you can run a Windows emulator, see the discussion here: http://forums.radioreference.com/general-scanning-forum/132037-any-scanner-software-apple-os.html and here: http://forums.radioreference.com/scanner-programming-software/160829-mac-bcd396xt.html

Can't believe the PC vs. Mac troll you got - that ship sailed 15 years ago... PCs aren't real computers either - IBM "big iron" mainframes like the 370 series were real computers... ;-)

gaburbano

Premium Subscriber
That easy to read manual is so much better at explaining things. Ive had a 996T for several years and still didn't know how to use it since I originally programmed it with a Netbook and Butel software.

I actually now know how to use several features of both scanners after reading that easy manual. I just ordered both from scanner master they sell them preprinted, in color..

George

Status
Not open for further replies.