BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Uniden BCD996P2 P25 Audio treble to low Is there Fix/mod ????

rbluesky

Hi I know some of you know about this issue in the Uniden BCD996P2 where the P25 (only) audio is Bassey it's volume is OK
IS there any fix or mod a capacitor or resistor change or even adding ? I had 2 Uniden BCD996p25 and one BCD996XT and they all have this issue
Yeah I know get an external speaker for the scanner ! it SHOULD work without one !
Is there a SERVICE manual for sale for this scanner ????

ron

tvengr

Well Known Member
Welcome to the digital world. It seems that P25 always sounds muddy compared to analog. I am not sure of the audio output circuit in the BCD996P2. If there is a coupling capacitor between the audio output and the speaker, you could use a smaller value capacitor to roll off the low end.

RFI-EMI-GUY

P25 is awful. It is bad enough with my tinnitus that modern technology has such bad audio quality.

My Sony Bravia TV has terrible sibilance. Wife insisted on a stylish sound bar that has several settings, none of which sound ideal, most are muddy. Program producers love to pipe in loud dramatic "music" obscuring dialogue . I can switch to my great stereo (via SCHIIT MODI optical A/D) but it is all manual selection.

Back to P25, it seems that the dispatch audio on local system is variable and seldom great. Over-modulated fast talkers prevail. Once, only once, it sounded perfect leading me to wonder if analog mixed mode was available on some channels. (nope).