Uniden SDS-200 Issues - RESOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubbe

My scanner does this but I see it on a few uhf freqs.
Did you try the different filter settings and IFX to the frequency shown when you hear the interference? You can get interfered from other frequencies if they are -80dBm or stronger. If your monitored system that gets interfere are -70dBm or stronger you can probably engage the attenuator to that system to get rid of the interference.

/Ubbe

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
This will be worth reading especially if you're having reception issues with your scanner. We sent off our newsroom scanner, which was only 1 month old, to Uniden America for repair. Well, today we have notified the following repairs:

Q4 and Q5 as well a grounding wire issues. Now we understand the grounding wire issue...but what in the heck are Q4 & Q5 repairs?

Our scanner was monitoring a P25 system in Boyd County, KY when the scanner would only pick up on a few seconds of a call and we would hear NO MORE. So if the guru's reading this know what those codes mean...do you all care to share the information?

It was only a CSR who passed the info along and not the repair dept.

Thanks in advance to all who read this.

Pamela Lee
News & Weather Director
X Rock Radio

I'm happy to hear this was resolved. As it was mentioned, transistors sometimes fail as a result of a transmitter being too close.

Status
Not open for further replies.