Uniden SDS Sentinel software

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed when opening up the software on the database under Texas, Bell couny systems, Bell County ID search are turned off under bell County p25 system. Is there any way to turn them on under the database.

I do know if you create a favorites you have the option to turn them off and on but is it also possible under the database.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Pretty sure the full db defaults to id scan and cannot be changed when using the full db. To utilize id search you need to import the system into a fav list

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
So with this being off this would not allow me to hear anything under the Bell County system correct.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
All systems in the full database are set to ID Scan. ProScan has a tool "Modify Uniden (HPDB)" that can change the full database systems to ID Search. One problem with that is if Sentinel updates the full database then they will go back to ID Scan and the "Modify Uniden (HPDB)" tool has to be used again.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
So with this being off this would not allow me to hear anything under the Bell County system correct.
No, that's not how it works.

If search is turned off (i.e. scan mode) you will hear traffic on any TG that's in the database. If there is traffic on a TG that is not listed, you won't hear it. In search mode you will hear traffic on any TG, listed or not.

(The exception is encrypted traffic of course, but I don't see any encrypted TGs on that system.)

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
So when scanning under the full database under Bell County, I cannot hear no radioactivity at all. I have checked Law Talk and Law Tec and they are on and also range is set at 50 miles.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
So when scanning under the full database under Bell County, I cannot hear no radioactivity at all. I have checked Law Talk and Law Tec and they are on and also range is set at 50 miles.
Continue here...

Status
Not open for further replies.