Uniden UBCD3600XLT

JimBobTerp

Hi
If someone can move this topic to the right section to discuss that would be great. Now my question is about this radio. Is this Uniden UBCD3600XLT only for overseas customers or can I get one and program it for USA?

Thanks
James

Ps. I know it looks like the BCD436HP

N9JIG

Sheriff
It pretty much is the European version of the 436. Some of the frequency ranges and features have been changed to protect the innocent (and let it work in it intended territories). It shares the same serial number prefix (376) as the 436.

I think it comes with NXDN already activated out of the box but I don't know if DMR codes can be purchased from Uniden USA or not.

If I were you I would get a 436 and be assured that you get one with the right ranges.

Last edited:

Ubbe

As its bandplan can be edited, it's different for each EU country, it probably can be programmed to follow US standards. The reverse list, where you push Fn+8 to switch from a repeaters input frequency to its output can not be edited, although that are also different for each EU country but Uniden haven't made that user editable as the 3600 are pretty much a clone of 436 so they didn't bother to change the firmware more than just at very small details that doesn't cost so much to do. I believe they did a 3600 only to keep the responsibility at the EU distributor for warranty and support as it is as incompatible in different EU countries as the 436.

Specifications of bandplan and reverse list are in the 3600 user manual:

/Ubbe