Unidentified TG ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabidmoose57

During last nights nasty weather I caught what sounded like several storm spotters. The TG was 1249, and the unit series was 333. The unit call was " 333 to 33alpha, and 33beta...." It was sort of weak and broken now, and then ,but audible. Anyone have a clue where it's from?

rankin39

During last nights nasty weather I caught what sounded like several storm spotters. The TG was 1249, and the unit series was 333. The unit call was " 333 to 33alpha, and 33beta...." It was sort of weak and broken now, and then ,but audible. Anyone have a clue where it's from?

TG on what system? KSICS or something else?
Bob, WoNXN

jgarner

This TG belongs to the KS National Guard. It is used for state emergency management out of the state EOC. The usage has gradually increased as they get more radios. They are usually active for severe weather throughout the state.

dfndr13

Ang Tg

Listening tonight with all the weather going on, the Tg was active. I caught the call sign 30 "OZ" and he was calling various other units numbered 56xx. They were definitely storm spotting. 30 OZ sounded as if he was in the military using terms of "over, roger and out". Anyone know if they transmitting out of Salina or somewhere else? He was giving radar updates so he was inside somewhere.

Matt

rabidmoose57

Ah, now it makes sense!

Thanks to J.Garner and everyone, I'll be sure to keep track of that tg , with guard bases both west and south it will serve as a good early warning on the rough stuff. Doniphan county sheriff was the only warning we had on our funnel cloud last night that caused a ruckus here in St.Joe. They did a great job, and my thanks to them as well!

n0lqt

Figured it out today, these are Kansas National Guard units out of Topeka. They are using 1249 and 1294 both. I caught them also on another group in the 300's last week, but I was driving at the time and couldn't write it down....

jereck_99

Premium Subscriber
I was listening last night to the KSCis digtal system and hear a lot on the 1294 talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.