UniTrunker installation difficulties (wininet.dll?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbinsj2

I'm having trouble running UniTrunker. I installed the third public beta on a Win95 machine; I haven't tried either of the two prior releases.

I installed the MSI and ran the UniTrunker installer and everything appeared to proceed okay (I did over-ride the default installation location, but did so in the dialog box during the process and not manually after the fact).

When I try to run UniTrunker, I get two error boxes. The first has the .exe's path in the title bar and in the first line of the error message; the second line of it says, "A device attached to the system is not functioning." I can click OK to exit this message.

The second box says "Error Starting Program" in the title bar and "The UNIFORM.EXE file is linked to missing export WININET.DLL:HttpEndRequestA." I can click OK to exit this message too, but nothing happens afterwards.

Does my existing WININET.DLL (in the Windows\System folder, circa March 1997) not work with Universal Trunker? Or is something else the matter?

Windows 95 version 4.00.950 B. UniTrunker-0.1.0.27.msi after InstMsiA.exe was run on the system. I haven't tried running any other trunking software on this system in Windows, only DOS. (I have a newer system but the sound input is busted so I can't use it.)

I searched the documentation and these forums for relevant advice/similar problems and didn't find anything. Thanks for any help.

Jim

SCPD

QRT
robbinsj2 said:
Does my existing WININET.DLL (in the Windows\System folder, circa March 1997) not work with Universal Trunker? Or is something else the matter?
Hi Jim;

MSDN said:
Remarks
If lpBuffersOut is not set to NULL, HttpEndRequest will return ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER.

Requirements
Client: Included in Windows XP, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows NT Workstation 4.0, Windows Me, Windows 98, and Windows 95.
Server: Included in Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000 Server, and Windows NT Server 4.0.
Version: Requires Internet Explorer 4.0 or later.
Header: Declared in Wininet.h.
Library: Use Wininet.lib.
So according to this, yes it will work on Windows 95 if you have IE 4 or later. You probably have IE 3.

Also, for folks running older hardware ... if you aren't monitoring a P25 system, you can improve performance by turning off P25 decoding. It's there under the [O]ptions menu.

-rick

Status
Not open for further replies.