Unitrunker says STOPPED COULD NOT OPEN my RTL8232 USB dongles

Status
Not open for further replies.

jl2s

SCPD

QRT

DeathSharp

Hi, I too am having this problem.
On my desktop I have three RTL-SDR v3 dongles and only one will open in unitrunker. They work perfect in SDR# and HDSDR.

If I use my laptop all three dongles work perfect in unitrunker and I listen to p25 flawlessly.

I've uninstall, deleted, reinstalled, reinstalled, and uninstalled... LOL

Any ideas?

Last edited:

moonbounce

Tried multiple version of UNITRUNKER.
Tried two different computers (both Win7 Home)

I can't get Unitrunker to Start.
When I click the PLAY/START button Unitrunker says STOPPED COULD NOT OPEN

I tested both dongles on SDR# and HDSDR and they both work.

I followed this guide. And feel I setup Unitrunker correctly. But it will not work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeBlEC9e5cQ&index=3&list=PL1fGEpsCNIpYAVyTZrIl2wc4nazYiY0ob

Any ideas or help?

That just happened to me yesterday, Unitrunker would not start. What I think happened was that somehow Unitrunker lost my dongle so what I did was start Unitrunker in Receiver 820t screen click Info and go to RTL Device click the dropdown menu and you will see your dongle(s) click on that and the dropdown menu should close and the dongle should be now recognized, mine was and it started right up.

Hope that helps.

TheButcher

Ensure Zadig is using WinUSB drivers for all your dongles... libusb-win32 and lubusbK did not work too well with unitrunker.

DeathSharp

So I've made some headway. Each dongle shows up as bulk-device 0 and bulk-device 1.

WinUSB on 0
libUSB on 1

They start and I can hear the p25 but it also has the digital signal, even when muted, in the background along with the peoples voices.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Go to the "radios" tab on the main window. Open your SDR. Go to the Signal VFO. scroll down until you see "Mute" and change it to True.

chris

DeathSharp

Muting has no effect as it should. Even when I change the inputs the signal comes through.

I've set this up a few times without issue, but for some reason there's an issue now, go figure!

Whole computer was reset and fully updated prior to installing everything, just installed new SSD's.

Also, because of changing the device 1 to the lsusb driver, neither sdr# and hdsdr work with the extio.dll error, as expected. I can simply change the driver and it'll work, but it shouldn't be an either or...

Last edited:

DeathSharp

Thank you everyone for the help. I was able to correct the problem by resetting (reinstalling) Windows 10 again.

Everything is working perfect. I haven't a clue why it happen, but it's Windows, what can I say. LOL

Thanks again and happy hamming.

Status
Not open for further replies.