Unitrunker ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverdog

Karldotcom is correct. I actually find it easiest to export the .gid (talkgroups) and .rid (radio aliases)files to excel to manipulate them (mostly to change colors in large groups) and then save them back.

Of course, using the [V]iew command is easiest if you just want to view these items.

I don't know if we're answering your question though. What are you trying to view?

SCPD

QRT
jlm7424 said:
ok is their a special way to reload saved data in unitrunker to bring it back up when not decoding and view it like a Database??
I think Matt wants to view the data "offline". I don't remember if still works but give it a try ...

Take the decoder offline (look under [O]ptions).

From the main menu, [F]ind -> ystem ... type in the system ID and type, select [L]oad from disk. You should be able to navigate [G]roups, sers, and so on to see what's there.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I import Unitrunker files using Excel if I want to sort or otherwise analyze the data. I find it to be a pain to export into a usable Unitrunker txt file as the "" marks get stripped.
If I want to make minor changes or do mass find and replace, I use Windows Wordpad.

*never mess with a file unless you have made a copy first*

Probably a bunch of ways to do it but here is mine:
For Excel, from a new page:
- Data
- Import External Data
- Import Data,
- find and click on your file from this window (TG's is xxxxGRP.txt, radio IDs are xxxxIDS.txt)
- keep type as "delimited" and change start line to 3 to bypass the headers, click NEXT,
- unchoose "Tab" and choose "Comma"
- change each column data type to "text", click FINISH
- click OK to put the data starting in space A1
Mess with the data.
chris

offsite

Premium Subscriber
jlm7424 said:
ok is their a special way to reload saved data in unitrunker to bring it back up when not decoding and view it like a Database??

Here's a little note I sent to my brother who is just learning about UniTrunker... hope it is useful to some here, as well... : )

------------------------------------------
Below is my current understanding of how to use UniTrunker to view stored system data.

Unitrunker nominally stores information for every system it has ever monitored.
Each system will remain stored indefinitely unless it is intentionally removed by the user.
UniTrunker stores this data in a set of six files for each system.

The six files files are (let's say for a motorola system with a System ID = 470F):

moto470F.SYS - system
moto470F.SIT - site
moto470F.RID - users
moto470F.PLN - band plan
moto470F.HZ - frequencies
moto470F.GID - groups

The files are usually found here:

C:\Program Files\rfmobile\UniTrunker.

You can view this stored information for a system of interest by using Unitrunker in its "offline" mode.

note: UniTrunker is a fabulous app, but the current version has one of the most frustrating UIs you will ever encounter, so patience is required:

- in the Main menu use right/left arrows to navigate thru menu items.
- in submenus use either TAB or right/left arrows to move thru menu items, and use TAB to move down thru the menu tree.
- for some submenu items you can use up/down arrows to select preprogrammed item options.
- use ESC to move back up the menu tree.

There are two parts to using UniTrunker to read its stored system data.

First, set UniTrunker to offline mode:
- Options / Enter / Decoder is [OFFLINE] / Enter (Main menu now reappears and app is set to ingest stored system data).

Next, view information for the system of interest:
- Find / Enter / System / Enter / System type [motorola,MPT1327,APCO P25,EDACS48,EDACS96] DO NOT HIT ENTER YET!
- System ID [nnnn] (backspace four spaces to clear the cell and type the four character ID code. In the example, above, "470F") DO NOT HIT ENTER YET!
- Load from disk / Enter / Escape
- Find / Enter / Chan / Enter / Enter / Enter (channels for this system will now appear)
- View / [Band,Chan,Site,Sys,Groups,Users] / Enter (to view data for the system of interest)
- View / Sys / Enter (shows a list of ALL systems ever encountered by Unitrunker. This screen cannot be used to select a new system of interest.
- ESC and repeat steps above to enter system ID for another system of interest.

You can also view and edit the six files above with Excel. This is waaay easier because the current UniTrunker UI sucks for the casual, once in a while user... but a slick new GUI is in the works!!

Be sure and use File / Open / Files of Type: All Files (*.*) instead of Data / Import External Data because the latter will try to store a query for each file and this just clutters up your spreadsheet.

You will be ushered into the "format data" process. The data is delimited by commas, so check the appropriate boxes (and uncheck the "tab" delimited box).
You can elect to format columns. I prefer to leave all as "General" (default) because it is less work. You will get exponential notation for the freq and date fields, but after the data comes down, you can see the freq in regular notation by widening the spreadsheet column to make room for all the numerals.

After playing, you can save the file as ".CSV"... this seems to work just fine as far as I can tell.

One thing I've noticed is if you save the six files back as a new system (e.g. moto1234.sys, etc), you can call them back up from UniTrunker (offline), but the system will not appear in the UniTrunker system screen. It may be that you can enter it into the .sys file and have it show up on the screen. But even though you save six files for the new system, it doesn't follow that that "system" will magically appear in the system list.

If you really get serious about editing these files offline and want to format the data during the ingestion process, I will write you some Excel macros that automate everything... all you need to do is hit one key and select which system you want and it will appear in your spreadsheet formatted exactly the way you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.