Universal Theme Park Frisco

mwjones

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 9, 2003
Messages
831
Reaction score
588
Location
Van Alstyne, TX
Does anyone have information on freq used here or FCC license info?

~DH
Nothing that I'm aware of. Search of FCC for both application and license and can't find anything, so if they're doing anything radio wise, it's likely low powered mobile to mobile. Being the size of the park that may be all they need, but that may also change in the future.
 

hello236

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Aug 5, 2025
Messages
7
Reaction score
2
I tried searching FCC and even searched their mailing address in Orlando to see if they use mobile, but couldn’t find anything
 

ecps92

Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2002
Messages
16,325
Reaction score
4,893
Location
Taxachusetts
I tried searching FCC and even searched their mailing address in Orlando to see if they use mobile, but couldn’t find anything
Nothing even in a radius search of the location, so based on that I would suggest checking out some of the local Rental licenses and see what you find for users (Both Trunk and Conventional) ie: Local Radio Shops who sell/lease air time
 

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 18, 2002
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
297
Location
Dallas Texas
Yeah, I did the same things and found nothing. They must be renting radios.
 

mwjones

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 9, 2003
Messages
831
Reaction score
588
Location
Van Alstyne, TX
I may have to take the mobile rig over there in close proximity and see if I can pick up any signals, if they're renting/leasing, there might be a trunked system lurking in the UHF band.

If I was still in my old apartment in Frisco, I could have picked it up from there (I moved out in August 2022) since it was a mile away.
 

mwjones

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 9, 2003
Messages
831
Reaction score
588
Location
Van Alstyne, TX
I made the trip to Frisco today, and parked the mobile rig at the RaceTrac across the Tollway from the park. Running a survey on low gain (reducing the noise) returned a couple of known systems but nothing new. My guess is they may be using radios that don't require licenses in simplex without a repeater.
 

mwjones

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 9, 2003
Messages
831
Reaction score
588
Location
Van Alstyne, TX

hello236

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Aug 5, 2025
Messages
7
Reaction score
2
I made the trip to Frisco today, and parked the mobile rig at the RaceTrac across the Tollway from the park. Running a survey on low gain (reducing the noise) returned a couple of known systems but nothing new. My guess is they may be using radios that don't require licenses in simplex without a repeater.
Were you by any chance able to pick up the Omni resort from there? Their freqs also still need to be added to the database and I haven't had the time to try to go there with my SDR. Their FCC licences show DMR and I've seen them with XPR radios but their audio sounds analog I have no idea what they are using.
 

mwjones

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 9, 2003
Messages
831
Reaction score
588
Location
Van Alstyne, TX
Were you by any chance able to pick up the Omni resort from there? Their freqs also still need to be added to the database and I haven't had the time to try to go there with my SDR. Their FCC licences show DMR and I've seen them with XPR radios but their audio sounds analog I have no idea what they are using.
Unfortunately, no. When doing these surveys with the mobile rig, I tend to turn down the gain on the SDR's so my waterfall only picks up signals that are in close proximity, so I didn't pick them up.
 

16b

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
596
Reaction score
114
Location
Central Ohio
Brand new theme park with no FCC license makes me think PTToC (cellular/wifi radios) like Motorola’s Wave system or one of the dozens of competitors. No familiarity with the area, just throwing out ideas for something to consider.
 

kmartin

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Sep 15, 2003
Messages
859
Reaction score
117
Location
Galveston, Texas
I wonder if you could take a handheld scanner into the Park ? Set it up for close call , then Go near someone carrying a radio and when you hear their radio see it you get anything ? It's a Long shot but ?
 

SannerCali

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 12, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
3
Location
los Angeles
I have seen Universal studio in LA using the R7 and older radio if that helps. can't hear them on the caner.
 
Top