Universal TV remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
I just completed my completed my homebrew universal TV remote interface for Uniden scanner. I just need to figure out a better way to package it to mak it smaller. It works with any universal remote TV, and is capatible with the 346, 396, BC15, and the 996.
Here is a link to a short demo:

Remote control of Uniden Scanner - YouTube

krokus

Premium Subscriber
My guess, would be using a microcontroller or PIC, and a IR remote decoder. Find a known set of remote commands, for a tv or stereo, and map those over to the serial commands for the scanner. IE, remote volume up = scanner volume up

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
My guess, would be using a microcontroller or PIC, and a IR remote decoder. Find a known set of remote commands, for a tv or stereo, and map those over to the serial commands for the scanner. IE, remote volume up = scanner volume up

That is bassically how. Used a BasicStamp Microcontroller from Parrallax with an IR reciever. Wrote a code into the microcontroller to decode the remote, then made the microcontroller send out a serial command to the scanner. I think I got the circuit card down to about 3in by 1.5in. I am going to see about getting a custom made board to fit in a much smaller enclousre, and maybe putting together a kit for it.
Next to to make a custom remote.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
I have one and am using it at store.Works very well .I will have them instock for sale next week.

I made a fast post on our website more info to follow.

thanks

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I just completed my completed my homebrew universal TV remote interface for Uniden scanner. I just need to figure out a better way to package it to mak it smaller. It works with any universal remote TV, and is capatible with the 346, 396, BC15, and the 996.
Here is a link to a short demo:

Remote control of Uniden Scanner - YouTube

I've often wondered for several years now, why a remote control feature or option wasn't offered for scanners similar to the the one that the old icom r71a used.
Very neat idea, as I would like to build a pcb to allow commands for my pro-197!
You may really have something there, I hope it works out!!

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.