University of Wisconsin Eau Claire and Chippewa Valley Tech College DMR Programming Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

allpointsbulletin

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,

I have lived in Eau Claire for the last two years and have a fairly decent handle on public safety programming and Wiscom (though, coming from the Twin Cities metro area, I'm not used to seeing APCO P25 trunked control channels in anything less than 800 mMHz band). I'm now attempting to program a few additional systems and have a few basic questions I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable can help with:

1. It seems that the University of Eau Claire DMR Hytera XPT system (control channels 461.2 and 462.250 with multiple talk channel groups) is entirely encrypted traffic. Can anyone confirm this is the case? Are there any patches to analog, WISCOM or unencrypted talkgroups on this system worth monitoring or am I completely wasting my time. I have purchased and installed the necessary DMR upgrade for my BCD325P2.

2. UW Eau Claire analog also has several frequencies I have programmed (including UWEC Police @ 155.0850). I am receiving no traffic on any of these. Perhaps this is because of the holiday break? However, I have received what sound like occasional control channel data bursts and am wondering if these are either encrypted or are on a trunked system.

3. UW Eau Claire analog has 461.375 listed as UWEC Housing. According to the RR database, this channel is actually a DMR system. Is this somehow linked to the University of Eau Claire DMR Hytera XPT system or a different, stand-alone system. The DMR color code is listed as 5 but there are no talk groups listed. How do I/can I monitor this? Do I just create a new DMR system and program 461.375 as the control channel with no talk groups? Will I receive anything without talkgroups programmed? Is this something I need to use ID search for? Incidentally, I have found at least one similar entry for CVTC (461.325 -Ops).

Thanks in advance for any info/suggestions!

Allpointsbulletin

jpjohn

Premium Subscriber
I have 155.085 programmed in for UWEC PD and have heard a transmission within the last couple of weeks if I remember correctly. Haven't really focused in on listening to them. Every once in awhile they will put out a BOLO to city, county and campus units....that may be a time to listen and see if you can hear them on analog. Also they used to go 10-41 and 10-42 at shift change.

Last I knew they were dispatched out of the comm center along with all other public safety communications. I'll try listening!!

allpointsbulletin

Premium Subscriber
I have 155.085 programmed in for UWEC PD and have heard a transmission within the last couple of weeks if I remember correctly. Haven't really focused in on listening to them. Every once in awhile they will put out a BOLO to city, county and campus units....that may be a time to listen and see if you can hear them on analog. Also they used to go 10-41 and 10-42 at shift change.

Last I knew they were dispatched out of the comm center along with all other public safety communications. I'll try listening!!
Thank you for the reply! Appreciate the info.

wirr

Database Admin
1. This seems to be the case. Unlikely that it is linked to anything.
3. Just enter the freqs in your 325 and set to digital.
You will hear CVTC on 463.2125 color 5.
Let us know what you find.

allpointsbulletin

Premium Subscriber
Thank you both for the info. Much appreciated. Glad to hear UW EC PD remains in the clear. Will focus on them a bit more when school is back in session. Will give the DMR programming a try and let you know I find.

Status
Not open for further replies.