Unknown Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

storm777

Premium Subscriber
Hello everybody--

I was searching 163-167 MHz and found the following:

165.0875 1624 hrs analog/clear
"1 Alpha" communicating with "Range Control" about closing range at 1700. Range Contron gave his initials as "Echo Sierra".
Any thoughts? My first guess was Ft. Lewis but who knows?

*EDIT* Found another:

A mobile unit was asked to pick up meals.

All monitoring from the Des Moines WA area on a BCD396xt with Radio Shack 800 MHz antenna.

Thanks in advance,

John

Last edited:

storm777

Premium Subscriber

Please disregard that entry; it is Puyallup Tribal Police. My apologies.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
165.0875 MHz is indeed Fort Lewis Range Control. It is a simulcast with 40.2 MHz and 173.5125 MHz as well as a talk group on the JBLM 380 MHz P25 trunked system.

- Chris

storm777

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, Bill. I found that freq. as BLM during a site search and also found it as a DHS repeater. In my case, I listened to it all evening and it is used for Puyallup Tribal Police in my area.

Chris, thanks for confirming the other freq. for me. I've now programmed the JBLM system into my scanner so hopefully I'll be hearing some activity. Already logged MP/MP Tac and a few FD talkgroups. Thanks again for your input!!

ecps92

What PL tone is the BIA using ?

BLM is CSQ aka No PL

Thank you, Bill. I found that freq. as BLM during a site search and also found it as a DHS repeater. In my case, I listened to it all evening and it is used for Puyallup Tribal Police in my area.

Chris, thanks for confirming the other freq. for me. I've now programmed the JBLM system into my scanner so hopefully I'll be hearing some activity. Already logged MP/MP Tac and a few FD talkgroups. Thanks again for your input!!

storm777

Premium Subscriber
It's already in the database--in the Pierce Co., WA section (which is where I should have initially checked before adding it to the original thread *lol*)

Status
Not open for further replies.