BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Unwanted Site

JethrowJohnson

Hi all and happy Flag Day!
I had rearranged the sites for both of the trunked networks, Ohio MARCS-IP and West Virginia SIRN, a long time ago, and I added the West Virginia State Police channels to the WV county lists and I was practicing activating/deactivating the sites with the quick keys so I would be used to it the next time we go on a short trip, and I forgot that I should've left at least one of them on (I was using the Wood County list for this) and it held on the Parkersburg tower, but it was the version that I had before I reprogrammed them, and I thought I deleted that one so I'm not sure why it's hanging on to it, and it's the same thing as my new one except the old one is labeled PARKERSBURG, and the new one is labeled PARKERSBURG (WOOD). I was scanning Wood County today because of a mutual aid call, and it's still scanning PARKERSBURG. And when I went into the settings to see if I could delete it, it's not there, but it's still acting as if it is. And when I try to Site Hold and scroll through the sites, I can't find it there either. But when it's scanning, it scans PARKERSBURG (WOOD) and everything else that it's supposed to, but it still checks PARKERSBURG. It's not really a problem except that it's just a duplicate site because it's the very same thing, but I wanted to get rid of it so it wouldn't take longer to scan through the system. Anyone else had this happen before?

JethrowJohnson

Well, I pulled a funny. I spent two days trying to figure out why it was doing this, and I just did. It wasn't scanning WV SIRN when it was checking PARKERSBURG tower, it was scanning the CITY OF PARKERSBURG network which is an LTR system so that's why it went so fast because there's no control channel, and the tower for that network is named PARKERSBURG. 😂 It reminds me of a few weeks ago when our landlord was trying to replace a ceiling fan for us and the lights wouldn't work and he was checking the wires and it sometimes only alert on the wires it was supposed to, and other times it would alert on the whole thing as if electricity was going through all of it, and after the 4th try, he took it back out and put it back in again and it turns out the problem was he was plugging in the wrong wires the whole time. Sometimes we just have to laugh at ourselves. Thank you everyone for trying to think of a solution. Sorry for the bother. 🤗