Update successful

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyes00only

Since the last update every time I open EZ Scan I get the notice and prompt to update the scanner after it's already been done. I've always had the check for for updates appear every single time I open EZ Scan. Is there a solution for this?

Swipesy

My EZScan for WS 1080 and EZScan for TRX2 doesn't do that. My Configure Auto Update Check is set to Enable Auto Check every 7 days. I Tested it at everyday and it shows scanners and DB Current.

Perhaps you should completely uninstall EZScan and re download app from Whistler and reinstall. BE SURE YOU SAVE YOUR CONFIGURATION BEFORE UNINSTALLING..

eyes00only

Mine is set like that but it never works. It comes up every time. Really don't want to do a reinstall because EZ Scan is a a PITA but the only software that works with my TRX1. I may try it on an old laptop to test your theory. Thanks for the reply.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
@eyes00only go to the UPDATE tab, select configure updates and make sure all check boxes are cleared. Exit EZ Scan and see what happens when you open it again. Then select the update schedule you want.

Screenshot 2020-08-03 12.51.49 (2).png

eyes00only

@eyes00only go to the UPDATE tab, select configure updates and make sure all check boxes are cleared. Exit EZ Scan and see what happens when you open it again. Then select the update schedule you want.

View attachment 89308
Thanks, that stopped the prompt the first time I opened EZ Scan after unchecking the boxes. Now I assume I will have to remember to check for updates manually every week or so. I really only care about software updates and not the library. I may retry scheduling auto updates every 10 days to see what happens.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
@eyes00only that is what I suggested, try the setting again and see what happens now that it is cleared out. But, let me ask, you have updated the EZ Scan twice last week (yes twice, a bug was corrected after the first update issued)? Failure to do so might be causing the message.

eyes00only

@eyes00only that is what I suggested, try the setting again and see what happens now that it is cleared out. But, let me ask, you have updated the EZ Scan twice last week (yes twice, a bug was corrected after the first update issued)? Failure to do so might be causing the message.
I have checked for updates at least twice in the last week. I'll try setting it to check every 10 days and see what happens.

Attachments

• RR temp.png
    RR temp.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 6

Ubbe

I really only care about software updates and not the library.
Software updates have always been announced here at RR by Whistler. They did that a couple of days ago when they did a change to EZ-Scan. If you also have registred yourself at Whistler website you will also get emails whenever an update are available. No actual need for that check that EZ-Scan are doing.

/Ubbe

eyes00only

Software updates have always been announced here at RR by Whistler. They did that a couple of days ago when they did a change to EZ-Scan. If you also have registred yourself at Whistler website you will also get emails whenever an update are available. No actual need for that check that EZ-Scan are doing.

/Ubbe
Yikes, I've never noticed them posted here.

eyes00only

Back to the same problem. Every morning when I plug into EZ Scan to check my recordings I get the prompt to AUTO UPDATE CHECK.
I reset it to do every 10 days but it didn't work. The only way I've been able to stop it is by unchecking both boxes in the configuration.
I think I'll just do that and put a note on my calendar to check it periodically.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Back to the same problem. Every morning when I plug into EZ Scan to check my recordings I get the prompt to AUTO UPDATE CHECK.
I reset it to do every 10 days but it didn't work. The only way I've been able to stop it is by unchecking both boxes in the configuration.
I think I'll just do that and put a note on my calendar to check it periodically.

That's what I do and then I check it when I feel like it or every Sunday or Monday evening to catch the prior weeks DB updates.
The other stuff is not updated very often and like has been said, if a firmware or program app update has been released, there is usually a post about it here in the Whistler forum which will prompt you to run a check.

eyes00only

I usually just check my notifications in this forum but now I can see on the top of the post Whistler does advise of the software updates as you and Ubbe pointed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.