Updated NYC EMS Unit Location Chart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willr10

Anyone know where we can find this? The one from 2010 is outdated and now appears to be a dead link.

mike4164

Premium Subscriber
I will see what I can do. I am retired over 1 year now but I'll make some calls to some old partners and try to get it. Don't hold your breath though, I heard it wont be made public anymore for security and safety reasons.

Mike
Retired FDNY/EMS
Haz-Tac

lafd55

NYCs website has an FDNY and FDNYEMS Station list showing units assigned and location. Most FDNYEMS are stationed at hospitals around the city. I believe there are only like 4 or 5 dedicated EMS stations.

mike4164

Premium Subscriber
That was the old days. There are over 32 EMS stations in the city now and the units to this day still sit on street corners in their response areas until called. The FDNY/EMS units were never stationed at hospitals,those are the voluntary hospital units(the units the hospitals provide to the 911 system dispatched by FDNY/EMS). I spent 24 years working for NYC*EMS/FDNY/EMS and I wish we sat at stations instead of street corners like hookers. Like I said, I will try to get the newest chart but there are no guarantees as I heard there are security concerns now since the terrorists were looking to use emergency vehicles for plots in the last few years.

Mike R.
Retired FDNY/EMS
HAZ-TAC

mike4164

Premium Subscriber
There are 9 Hospital based FDNYEMS Stations. 22 actual FDNYEMS Stations, EMS Academy, HAZ-TAC. 5 Divisions plus HAZ-TAC. A little more than the 4 or 5 I said but certainly no over 32. All Ambulances are issued Intersections to where they are staged throughout the day.

EMS:
http://www.uemso.com/pdf/2008EMSUnitCharts.pdf
Fire:
FDNY Unit Location Chart

The chart you are showing is old and outdated. The 9 Hospital based stations are only on the hospital grounds and are considered seperate from the hospital as they are FDNY/EMS ambulances and not hospital ambulances. Where it says 27 on the chart that was the old outpost at the 50 Pct. in the Bx. There is now a sta. 27 on East 133st where I believe 6 units come out of. Haz-Tac is a Div. of itself.The Hospital stations are Bellvue,Met, QGH,EGH,CIH,Jacobi,Lincoln and Harlem.. The other hospital based units are the voluntary units that are supplied by the hospitals to the 911 system, IE: Maimonidies,Lutheran,and so on.The EMS Academy is a Div. of itself as well. The intersections have been used forever and made us feel like hookers. They are called the 10-89 or CSL for cross street location. It is the center of their patrol areas. The units can patrol if they feel like it but must stay within their primary response area otherwise known as their 89. Like I said I am trying to get the new chart.There is also going to be a new station on the lower west side soon from what I heard,that'll be the only FDNY/EMS station on the west side. It is to replace the units that used to come out of St. Vinnies. There is also Sta. 32 in Brooklyn and a few more that are not on the 2008 chart that you show so if you count them including the Hospital stations there are about 32. Thats what the FDNY/EMS looks at it as.Also the Academy is considered a station as they put out units as well when it is busy, they are station 64.

Mike
Retired FDNY/EMS
Haz-Tac

fdnyfish

Feed Provider
You can't find an updated unit chart because I retired in 2011.

I was the person who created it and maintained it.

I will upload the last chart I did.

Frank D'Amato

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.