USB-1 Cable problem with Win7

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechTwo

Hello,

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64.

BCD396T scanner with Uniden USB-1 cable.

I installed the latest USB-1 drivers following the Wiki "connecting scanners via USB" links.
The cable worked OK with UASD except for the online scanner control. ( I am away from home so I may have some of the terminology wrong )
The scanner faceplate would pop up then disappear right away.

When I tried to connect a usb external HDD, it would not be detected.

My iPod was not detected either.

I uninstalled the Proliant driver, rebooted, and still my usb ports would not detect the usb HDD.

I had to uninstall all my usb drivers and then let Windows reinstall them to correct the problem.

I did not reinstall the Proliant drivers at thi time.

Any ideas why the USB-1 cable drivers would trash my usb ports?

Thanks In Advance

Regards

Michael

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I don't currently use Windows 7, but it sounds like a port conflict. Maybe a device is already using a com port number in use when the cable driver was installed?

TechTwo

Hello,

I installed the Vista Driver ( 10/22/2006 ) located on ScannerMaster's website and now everything works.

Only thing I noticed is that if I move the scanner cable from USB port to USB port, a new COM port is assigned each time the cable is plugged into a different port.

No big deal, I am just happy that it now works.

Regards

Michael

CStarr59

Good deal, glad you got it figured out. I've had a lot of com port problems in the past using vista, I've had driver issues also that drove me crazy for a day or two. I'm using the windows 7 driver right now with vista and it seems to be working good.

SCPD

QRT
Sounds more like the problem I had. After installing Win7 on my notebook I installed my bluetooth device and drivers, then installed the scanner cable. When I went to test it, it didn't find the right com port and I had to manually set it in arc300 to com port 8.

I also used the native Win7 drivers and besides figuring out which com port to use, I've experienced no other issues.

billfx

Driver

Do you have the URL of the Vista driver?

Hello,

I installed the Vista Driver ( 10/22/2006 ) located on ScannerMaster's website and now everything works.

Only thing I noticed is that if I move the scanner cable from USB port to USB port, a new COM port is assigned each time the cable is plugged into a different port.

No big deal, I am just happy that it now works.

Regards

Michael

TechTwo

I finally got it to work with the latest drivers!

I went to Google and entered "PL2303 windows 7' in the search bar.

I clicked on the "PL-2303- Welcome to Prolific" link and downloaded:

PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v110.zip 2009/12/2 v1.1.0 2318 KB

I unzipped the files to a folder then Right Clicked the "PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v110" icon and selected "Run As Administrator".

The driver installed OK and now everything works, USB HDDs, iPod and iTunes, USB-1 and UASD on BCD396T.

I did not use "Run As Administrator" the first time I installed this driver, I just double clicked the icon, guess it does make a difference.

Live and learn I guess.

Regards

Michael

Last edited:

wolter

Vista drivers should work on Win 7 because both OS's are based on the same Vista kernel and both store files in the same directories. You should visit the device manufacturer's website for recommendations with their product. But if nothing but Vista is available, it should work with Win 7.

TechTwo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the link to the drivers.

When I used the Uniden website, both the home page and the product support page, if you type USB-1 in the search boxes you are directed to the download page which does not have the USB-1 or Cables listed.

I finally found the right link by going to the product page / digital scanners / BCD396T / accesories and finding the USB-1 cable page which has a link to the drivers.

Maybe someone can update the website search so that when you type in USB-1 you are directed to the proper page or add Cables, linked to the proper place, to the Download page.

Thank You for all you do to make Radio Reference the most valuable website for radio information.

Best Regards

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.