BCD436HP/BCD536HP: USB Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I have one 436HP that does not show as a drive when it is plugged into my computer; however, the other 436HP does show up.

I have cleared the data, reformated, and switched SD cards from one to the other. The same USB cord is being used for both in the same USB input on the computer.

When I plug the affected radio into the computer, it ask if is a serial port. I click yes and nothing happens.

Any suggestions?:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have one 436HP that does not show as a drive when it is plugged into my computer; however, the other 436HP does show up.

I have cleared the data, reformated, and switched SD cards from one to the other. The same USB cord is being used for both in the same USB input on the computer.

When I plug the affected radio into the computer, it ask if is a serial port. I click yes and nothing happens.

Any suggestions?:

Select mass storage mode when plugging the Scanner into the computer.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Yep. Serial port allows it to charge when off and permits a monitoring connection to programs such as ProScan thru your computer. Mass storage allows actual programming. Detaching and reattaching the USB cable to you 436 resets it from the previous mode. Serial port also good if you leave the scanner on and cable connected to computer or USB power source as it bypasses the batteries. Just make sure to power down before removing especially if using replay or recording modes to prevent SD card corruption.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Damn dyslexia. I always click on "mass storage"; however, when the radio is not seen by the computer, how do you active "mass storage?" I have to program this radio by taking the SD card out and loading it from the computer, a big pain in the arse.

After I select "mass storage. Then, I see the usual icons on the radio. When the screen shows, "USB Mass Storage", the computer does not recognize the radio. When I connected it this time, I noticed that the USB port on the radio was a bit loose. I am sending this puppy in for repair unless other suggestions are provided to fix this. I suspect this is a hardware issue.

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If that unit isn't triggering the device detected noise in Windows, or plugging the cable in doesn't trigger the serial/storage menu, then it sounds like a connection problem. I presume you've tried more than one cable?

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
If that unit isn't triggering the device detected noise in Windows, or plugging the cable in doesn't trigger the serial/storage menu, then it sounds like a connection problem. I presume you've tried more than one cable?

Yes, I have attempted to use several different USB cables, some with the choke and some without.

Status
Not open for further replies.