Using different approach frequency at BOS?

CarCarlo

Feed Provider
Hey everyone,

Recently, seems to have started in May or so, the final approach frequency into KBOS for Runway 22L has seemed to have changed from 126.5 to 118.25, which seemed to have been used as a TRACON of some sort and not necessairly Approach, which 126.5 was and now there seems to be no communications on it. Is this a thing or am I just catching it at the wrong time?

Thank you,
Carlo

ecps92

Hey everyone,

Recently, seems to have started in May or so, the final approach frequency into KBOS for Runway 22L has seemed to have changed from 126.5 to 118.25, which seemed to have been used as a TRACON of some sort and not necessairly Approach, which 126.5 was and now there seems to be no communications on it. Is this a thing or am I just catching it at the wrong time?

Thank you,
Carlo

CarCarlo

Feed Provider
Ah yes, I use that website very often but I was just checking here to make sure. Thank you!

Approach plates and frequencies are updated on a regular schedule by the FAA, and it's typically every 52 days. That doesn't mean it will change, but you can check for changes on the airport via many different sources. I like skyvector.com as a pilot.