Sentinel: Using Sentinel to Enter DMR Slot Number and Talkgroup ID for SDS100

Davey1

I'm new to Sentinel software and the SDS100.

My local law enforcement agency uses VHF Conventional DMR for all of their communications. In Sentinel how do I program the Slot Number and the Talkgroup ID. This department uses both slots and various talkgroups. I'm unable to find that option in the software.

Thank you.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I Believe you can open the system as One Frequency Trunk or DMR MotoTurbo.
That is correct! You need to program it as DMR One Frequency to have access to talkgroups and slots. Programmed as conventional, you have access to color code only. If it is a trunked system, program it as MotoTRBO Trunk.

Davey1

OK. When I program it as DMR One Frequency I see the options for Talkgroup and Slot, but do not see anywhere to fill in the frequency and color code. I'm certainly doing something wrong.

tvengr

Well Known Member
The frequency and color code go into the site. All trunked systems need to have at least one site. DMR One Frequency is trunked. One Frequency Trunk is often referred to as OFT.

Last edited:

Davey1

I think I have a few set up properly now, since I am using DMR One Frequency. I have a site for each frequency and was able to add the frequency and color code on one tab and time slot and talkgroup on another tab.

This is a lot more complicated to set up than the Whistler TRX scanners, but I'll get used to it.

Thanks for the help.

Davey1

That is because the Whistler scanners do not trunk track DMR or NXDN.
Very true. Of course, with what I'm wanting to accomplish there is no trunk tracking to do. I'm only asking to receive one frequency with a certain set of parameters that include a color code, time slot, and talkgroup.