Using Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
when you say the 436/536 scanners use radio reference database, are you referring to Sentinel? I have not been able to figure out how to download the radio reference database into my 436/536 scanners. I've been using Sentinel to update and download the database in my scanners.

fredva

Feed Provider
when you say the 436/536 scanners use radio reference database, are you referring to Sentinel? I have not been able to figure out how to download the radio reference database into my 436/536 scanners. I've been using Sentinel to update and download the database in my scanners.

Sentinel would be the mechanism for getting the Radio Reference database updated in your scanner.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
When all goes as planned, once a week Uniden's servers will reach out to the RR servers and do a download of the RR database. This is done over the weekend.

On Mondays you can use Sentinel to Update the Master HP database. Your computer will reach out to the Uniden servers and download what Uniden has received from RR.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Software Options

As stated, the the Sentinel software doesn't act like Win500 in the manner that you put in your user name and password in, find a state, etc. If you want to utilize this method of direct downloading from the RR DB, you can use ARC536. With ARC, you can download the data into the computer and then load it into your radio.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
In Sentinel, you just go to the menu and select "Update Master HPDB". You don't need to login or any of that other crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.