Using the D-219 in the country

T680

I went out to the country today to visit relatives and brought the D-219 with to see how it worked further away from the RFI of the suburbs. I wasn't sure what to expect as going outside here doesn't improve the reception much, but it's so small it was really easy to put it in a pocket before I headed out. I pulled into a deserted parking lot on the way home and was able to pull in a lot more stations than I can here, and the reception was a lot better too. Stations that faded in and out at home stayed steady there and the sound quality was better too. I would have longer but it was so cold and windy I continued on my way home. I'm going to have to try that again.

ditto1958

Sounds like a fun time with a cool little radio. These things are pretty amazing for less than $10, and more people should probably be buying them. I bet there are a lot of people these days whose only radios are in their cars. It’s good to have a radio in the house, too, and even better to have one that actually works pretty doggone good.

Let us know if you try it again.

T680

I will but it probably won't be for a while. It answered the question of how far outside do I have to go to get better reception, a long way!

ditto1958

I live in Wisconsin in a medium sized city. I guess I am somewhat fortunate here, as there are lots of AM and FM stations and SW reception is surprisingly good here. But I imagine if I went out in the sticks it would even be better.

The D-219 is apparently actually a pretty sensitive radio, and is hampered only by its analog style tuning. But hey, for less than $10 I’m not gonna complain.

T680

I live in Wisconsin in a medium sized city. I guess I am somewhat fortunate here, as there are lots of AM and FM stations and SW reception is surprisingly good here. But I imagine if I went out in the sticks it would even be better.

The D-219 is apparently actually a pretty sensitive radio, and is hampered only by its analog style tuning. But hey, for less than $10 I’m not gonna complain.
I'm not complaining either, it's a great radio. It was pulling in SW signals out there like it does FM here in the suburbs of Chicago. I even pull in FM from Wisconsin with it too.
The analog tuner is what got me to upgrade to the D-109WB but the D-219 is so simple to use it's the one I decided to take with to see what happened out there.