Using Your New TRX

Status
Not open for further replies.

allandunn

Are you saying problems like this are common with the TRX-1? I was very impressed with Whistler's willingness to upgrade GRE and Radio Shack scanners for such a reasonable price and with such good turnover. I am assuming their customer service will continue. Thus my willingness to purchase their product.

allandunn

Thanks to Google (and my wife), a search shows Whistler has a download for this very problem, i.e. messing up the CPU download. I went through the download procedure as if paying for it (it is free), got the download, and it worked. Now on to enjoying the TRX-1.

2006walt

Premium Subscriber
Would you have that link that resolved the CPU download problem? Or did you go to the Whistler site and down loaded the software? Thanks

allandunn

I could not find anything on the Whistler site to download to correct the problem. I did a Google search "TRX-1 CPU" which brought me to a different portion of the Whistler site. I had to fill out a form, add it to the cart and "pay" although the charge was $0.00. They then emailed me a link to the software.

One thing that is easy to overlook. When connecting to the USB port, hold down the Menu key as you plug into the port. This is done with the TRX-1 unpowered. That puts the scanner in the mode to connect to the boot and cpu registers.

Jphila20

Retired LE. Honor our Fallen.
Premium Subscriber
Programing

I just got my TRX2, an upgrade from my Radio Shack Pro-106 I am very pleased with the reception quality, the flexible detachable face place mounting and display. I've looked in the manual and can't seem to find the following. If anyone can educate me on this I would greatly appreciate it.
How do you manually go to a specific channel without hitting pause during a broadcast?
After downloading a City from the library, can you move it to a specific scan list?
Is there an easier way to download frequency sites and talk groups from Radio Reference? The Radio Shack software spoiled me.

Thanks!

budevans

After downloading a City from the library, can you move it to a specific scan list?
Sure, it works the same for Conventional Frequencies and Trunk Radio Systems. The Scan List number is at the right side of the screen. Just click on the current number to highlite it, you can then change it by typing in the new scan list number or add additional scan list numbers by typing them in using a comma to separate them. See the screen shot below.

Is there an easier way to download frequency sites and talk groups from Radio Reference? The Radio Shack software spoiled me.

Short answer is no. As you've already mentioned, you use the Library Import to accomplish the same thing.

But...There is another choice that the Ez Scan for the TRX-1 has, which I would think the TRX-2 version should also have. You have a PRO 106. If you have things setup the way you like you should be able to clone/download your 106 setup to your scanner.

Go to the Main menu and click on File - Import from WS1040 /WS1065. The WS1040 is basically the same scanner as your 106. The file structures are the same. I used that method to download everything from my PSR-500 to my TRX-1.

Attachments

• ScanListChange.jpg
    ScanListChange.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 491

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Importing Files for TRX-1

Will the import feature work if the PSR-600 is programmed with Butel software?

budevans

Will the import feature work if the PSR-600 is programmed with Butel software?

It's your scanner that is sending the data to EZ Scan. It shouldn't matter which software you used to program your scanner.

The PSR-500 and PSR-600 use the same data format. The software that you use to program it, must send that data to the scanner in the format that the scanner is designed to receive.

So it shouldn't matter if you used Win500, PSRedit500 or Butel. They all have to send the program data in the format that the scanner is designed for.

Bottom line, EZ Scan is importing from your scanner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.