VA STARS in Roanoke, 6th Division

N4FTN

Premium Subscriber
I'm a long time listener of VA STARS in the Roanoke Area but have been away from the radio for several months due to work. This week I turned on my several scanners to listen to area happenings and noticed immediately that my 6th division scan wasn't finding a control channel. I've checked the RRDB against the cc freqs programmed and see no new ones. Can someone identify what has changed with the STARS system in recent months that would explain my scanners not finding any control activity??? Specifically cc's, Fort Lewis Mtn on 152.5475; Potts Mtn on 152.0975??

Will appreciate any help or insight into what's going on or what has changed.......... THANKS!!

Listener1440

Premium Subscriber
Glad you figured it out. I was in Roanoke this morning and was getting hits from Fort Lewis and Apple Orchard from Salem 1 and Salem 2. I was using my Unication G5 and Uniden BCD436HP.

The sad information I received last month was the VSP will be encrypted within 90 days. I couldn\t get more specific information but will see in the future was is and isn't.

Happy scanning , 73s.