Vancouver Fire Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I really like the site ..

Just curious .. how do the police in particular like you taking their photographs.

Are you an accredited member of the media ?

Just curious as I have found that the police in general do not like this .. particular if you are not with the media.

boy_ryan22

Most of the police dont like me. I get pushed around alot. I have even been assaulted by an officer before. But I dont care, Because I know I am not doing anything illegal. as long as you respect the scene (ie. not get in the way, dont cross the yellow tape) You have nothing to worry about. You are on public domain and you can take photos of whatever you want.

SCPD

QRT
Great shots.
I had a great career as a freelance and later on staff photog from starting out just the same.

You'll always run into the attitudes. Stand your ground in the safest way possible. Where you can, make allies with the officers...Eventually they'll get to know you and understand that you're not trying to burn them or show them in a negative light...well, at least many of them will. You'll never get them all on your side but that doesn't mean you should stop trying. If you can manage to get an affiliation with a newspaper you'll be even further ahead and maybe pick up some cash to help keep your scanners up to date.
Continue to enjoy and of course, stay safe while doing it :)

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I wonder how the patients and/or families of the deceased think about their loved ones being shown on these photos, nevermind the police responding to it.

I have relations who have been in the mainstream media before and photos of fatalities never make it through to the paper.

boy_ryan22

I just take the photos. If the newspapers want to publish them thats up to them. As for the families. Sure I feel sorry for them. I dont think you can make out the faces of victims in any of my photos. And if there are any problems I can remove photos or black out faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.