Vb pro-197

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennishare

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I purchased a RS Pro-197 scanner thinking it would be easier to manage everything via the PC interface, OOPS not so much. I have been playing with it for about a year and really can not figure it all out. Is there any local help to get me on the right track and programming correctly.
Thanks for any advice.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you decide to do this with a PC, you will need both a USB cable and software.

Both GRE and RS sell the USB cable; both will work. We have an article in our wiki (linked below) that gives you the SKUs as well as hints using Device Manager to get things working. At the bottom of the wiki article (linked below) we have an article called 'Object Oriented Scanner Software'. In addition there's a special RS offer, along with user guides for ARC500 and Win500.

Programming Your Radio Shack Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

best regards..Mike

dennishare

Premium Subscriber
Thanks a lot, I do have the cable and software, I'll give these a try and see where i get.

thanks again

bep

Premium Subscriber
I had a hard time with mine at first, but "got it" now.
I can send you a file that I have. Send me a message if you like.

dennishare

Premium Subscriber
A little Help

OK,
So I spent last night working on programming the Pro-197 using the win500 software. All in all I'm in worse shape than I started. I cant seem to get any frequencies to work right in the scanner. If I could get a file to input in the scanner and then be able to see how things are configured and learn how they are used in the scanner program. Very frustrated.

Any help greatly appreciated,

bep

Premium Subscriber
I have a file for you. I am not allowed to send you an e-mail with attachment.
Not sure how to get it to you.

dennishare

Premium Subscriber
Well,

I'm willing to work anyway we can so I can gain some knowlage on this scanner and programming. If we need to meet and work together thats great im easily contacted by dennishare97@gmail.com and we can go from there.
Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.