Ventura County Sheriff Lockwood Valley Repeater

iscanvnc2

Premium Subscriber
The Ventura County Sheriff Office (VCSO) has a sub-station in Lockwood Valley in the NE portion of the county. Associated with that station is a local repeater, VCSO CH 11, which serves SO units & mutual aid with units of other agencies (such as state parks). I have monitored CH 11 for years, but nothing the past 5 months or so, not even with the severe weather.
My setup has not change. I have the same 4 scanners connected to 2 discones, each with a splitter & was receiving CH 11 on all 4.
Here are a few possibilities.
1. VCSO abandoned the Lockwood repeater. If so, for what.
2. The repeater is temporarily down for repair.
3. The repeater output has been reduced. Reception was marginal at time as it was.
Is there anyone out there connected with the county who has first hand knowledge as to what has happened to VCSO CH11?

158.730154.055KME545RM173.8 PLVCSO LCWD 11Lockwood 11 - Lockwood Valley Car-to-Car/Resident Dispatcher

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Why don't you just call the office...the deputy or their family member who is the on call dispatcher will probably just tell you..
(661) 245-3829 Reception

iscanvnc2

Premium Subscriber
Why don't you just call the office...the deputy or their family member who is the on call dispatcher will probably just tell you..
(661) 245-3829 Reception
Just did. The deputy that answered was nice enough but didn't have the foggiest idea what I was talking about. Gave me a number to call at the govt. center (805) 655-9511 which I'll get to latter.

prcguy

Premium Subscriber
I did a lot of 2-way radio work in Lockwood Valley in the 80s and 90s but I never had knowledge of the radio system in question. I was moe interested in things like the burger joint up the road or the F-117 that crashed on my buddies property.

iscanvnc2

Premium Subscriber
Lockwood Valley is a resident station. It's been written up in the Ventura County Star. There a couple of deputies and there wives & VCFD patrol 16. When the deputies are out, a wife will run the place as dispatcher. It has provided many hours of interesting listening, especially during in-climate weather and searches. During extensive searches the county copter will be on frequency and can land at LW to refuel. CA state parks can/could be heard here too.

I live in eastern Ventura city quit a distance from LW but the repeater usually put in a readable signal.

I sent an email to the county contact listed on the FCC record.

Last edited:
Last I heard the Lockwood valley units are using their apx radios connected to wifi from their star links they are running on the roofs of their units when then connect back to the county’s 700mhz system. So they probably aren’t using analog any more unless for failover