Vermont municipality police dept. ID numbers

N1VWE

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking for a list of Vermont police/constable with the radio prefix M. I recently heard M1450 talking to state police dispatch (Rutland area) but I have no idea which town they represent. Sometimes they'll mention an area I recognize but most times they do not.

Thank you,
Barry

ecps92

I'm looking for a list of Vermont police/constable with the radio prefix M. I recently heard M1450 talking to state police dispatch (Rutland area) but I have no idea which town they represent. Sometimes they'll mention an area I recognize but most times they do not.

Thank you,
BarryGpomg na

ecps92

Thank you,
Barry
Going back thru my many old Scanner Guides, nothing that high in numbers

DeeEx

I don’t know the answer to your question, but I can offer some info.

I’ve never bought one, but every year at the RANV Ham-Con there’s a vendor who sells older homemade or self-published Vermont scanner and amateur radio books, like Police Call.

The most recent M number list appears in what I think is the 2006 version. I’ve thumbed through it but never bought one. I know Kathy (can’t remember her callsign) from RANV owns a copy of each.

Don’t quote me but I believe Mitch W1SJ took over creating the books and now only publishes the repeater and callsign directory. Mitch sells his at the RANV table whereas the guy with the scanner books is in the general flea market area. Someone once told me he possesses the master MS Word files with the old scanner books saved.

That being said, M numbers do go up to 1899 as far as I know, with Vergennes PD having the highest allocations in the 1800 range.

N1VWE

Premium Subscriber
I don’t know the answer to your question, but I can offer some info.

I’ve never bought one, but every year at the RANV Ham-Con there’s a vendor who sells older homemade or self-published Vermont scanner and amateur radio books, like Police Call.

The most recent M number list appears in what I think is the 2006 version. I’ve thumbed through it but never bought one. I know Kathy (can’t remember her callsign) from RANV owns a copy of each.

Don’t quote me but I believe Mitch W1SJ took over creating the books and now only publishes the repeater and callsign directory. Mitch sells his at the RANV table whereas the guy with the scanner books is in the general flea market area. Someone once told me he possesses the master MS Word files with the old scanner books saved.

That being said, M numbers do go up to 1899 as far as I know, with Vergennes PD having the highest allocations in the 1800 range.
Thank you for the suggestions. I've heard a few 3 and 4 digit but don't recall anything lower than that but maybe that depends on my area. I just heard M155 while typing this reply so the numbers are all over the place.

ecps92

Thank you for the suggestions. I've heard a few 3 and 4 digit but don't recall anything lower than that but maybe that depends on my area. I just heard M155 while typing this reply so the numbers are all over the place.
my list dates from the 80/90's and the old "Official Scanner Guides" and Vergennes PD would have been M710-M719 and Castleton would have been M150-M155

maybe folks could begin to build out an updated list into the Wiki (since the Wiki is editable by all)

sjaltavilla

Premium Subscriber

Thank you,
Barry

M1450 is the Town of Killington from my notes.

N1VWE

Premium Subscriber
my list dates from the 80/90's and the old "Official Scanner Guides" and Vergennes PD would have been M710-M719 and Castleton would have been M150-M155

maybe folks could begin to build out an updated list into the Wiki (since the Wiki is editable by all)
Great info, thank you. An updated Wiki is a great idea.

mfdbenji

Premium Subscriber
I can help with Rutland area units

M1450-M1452 Rutland Town PD
M1420-M1422 Killington PD
M541-M544 Pittsford PD
M150-M159 Fair Haven PD
M1140-M1149 Castleton PD
M48-M57 Brandon PD
M9XX Rutland City PD
M240-M255 Manchester PD
M594-M595 Pawlet Constable

there are multiple area constables that use M callsigns as well, usually these are 1 off's, like M307 used to be the Wells constable (not sure if that is still accurate).

I will see about helping to edit the wiki with what I have for southern vermont

N1VWE

Premium Subscriber
I can help with Rutland area units

M1450-M1452 Rutland Town PD
M1420-M1422 Killington PD
M541-M544 Pittsford PD
M150-M159 Fair Haven PD
M1140-M1149 Castleton PD
M48-M57 Brandon PD
M9XX Rutland City PD
M240-M255 Manchester PD
M594-M595 Pawlet Constable

there are multiple area constables that use M callsigns as well, usually these are 1 off's, like M307 used to be the Wells constable (not sure if that is still accurate).

I will see about helping to edit the wiki with what I have for southern vermont
I'm in the Rutland area so this is a big help, thank you.

Tweak518

M45x is Wilmington PD, M110x is Dover (they were M7x in the 2000s), also consider the M stands for Municipal

KB1VLA

I heard M82 talking with VSP St. J today, does anyone know who that might be?
I'd guess Lyndonville, I think they're the only municipality (besides St J city on 460.100) in the St J barracks that has their own police.