• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Vertex Standard Evx-534 Cant Download Data From it

WRTH776

Hey Everyone,
I'm literally trying to JUST download data from a Vertex Standard EVX-534, it/they are Business radios in the 46#.000 range. I've tried multiple versions of the CE-142 and CE-151 software, and anytime I start to download from the radio i get one of the two messages, depending on which version of the software I attempt to use.
Its either ' Frequency Band Mismatch ' or a Hardware Mismatch. I'm assuming the freq. band would be right, if i was attempting tyo use this as an amature band radio, But its used as and already programmed to be a Business Radio.

radiotweester

To confirm, this is when you are trying to put the contents of the radio into the computer?
If you were trying to load into the radio, there are 2 frequency splits to the UHF versions 403-470Mhz and 450-512Mhz.
This is common if the wrong default file is used and then one tries to write that to the radio.

radiotweester

This radio is after my knowledge base... Have you tried opening the default UHF appropriate file before reading. Not knowing your split, try one and then the other. MAYBE/hopefully this works. a VHF or UHF default never mattered before when reading (only writing) but who knows. If the default file does matter, please report back as I'd be interested. Best of luck!

FKimble

His 460.xxx is valid in both UHF splits. My bet is he's using the wrong programing version. A quick google shows that radio comes in UHF and a VHF model.

Frank

WRTH776

His 460.xxx is valid in both UHF splits. My bet is he's using the wrong programing version. A quick google shows that radio comes in UHF and a VHF model.

Frank
yup, it's a 460 uhf, It's buisness band on there. So I was attempting to use ce-142 turns out I needed 151. However now when I pull data from the radio (they call it upload) I see nothing in the CE-151 software but says it's successful, I did attempt to download and it reset the radio to factory.... so that stinks.. I'm gonna grab another radio and see if I can 'clone' it's info, but not sure because I see no data coming from the radio. I just need to see qhat data is on there to program another radio

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ Say it, say 'ENCRYPTION'
This radio is after my knowledge base... Have you tried opening the default UHF appropriate file before reading. Not knowing your split, try one and then the other. MAYBE/hopefully this works. a VHF or UHF default never mattered before when reading (only writing) but who knows. If the default file does matter, please report back as I'd be interested. Best of luck!
What file you have open, has no bearing on reading the radio.

Vertex radios are really straight forward. Assuming the correct cable, software and comport are selected, it should just read regardless.

OP:

I've never had those error codes reading OR writing to Vertex radios.

Unfortunately, I abandoned Vertex radios in favor of ASTRO25 and MotoTRBO.

I will say, I do like Vertex radios. They are tough and pretty simple to program. Nothing against them, I just went in a different direction after Motorola killed most of the Vertex product line.

WRTH776

I got it to read, it needed ce-151, I was trying 142, However when I read it, it successfully 'uploads' but nothing shows in the software, It doesn't open a channel list or anything.

FKimble

Maybe some one had blanked the radios before selling? That would make their codeplugs empty/blank. Have you tried to modify/create a code plug for your needed frequencies?

Frank

radiotweester

So you have none of the column I've attached? If not go to View - Main Items - Visible and start checking boxes, if the aren't already. If you're seeing all of this, I've no clue.

1699771072474.png

1699771027032.png

TheTeZ

It seems like my software may be broken.... I downloaded it from vertex radio group, so it's wierd, i've also run it on 3 different PCs i keep getting blank screens inside the software Capture151.PNG

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ Say it, say 'ENCRYPTION'
It seems like my software may be broken.... I downloaded it from vertex radio group, so it's wierd, i've also run it on 3 different PCs i keep getting blank screens inside the software View attachment 151271
So looking at that photo, the serial number isn't valid, so something else is going on. It's not actually reading the radio.

WRTH776

So looking at that photo, the serial number isn't valid, so something else is going on. It's not actually reading the radio.
It did read it, I saved the file after reading It and copied it to a second radio, ND it all transfered over and works as should.

HOWEVER!! it did turn out to be a PC issue. like I said I had tried it on 3 different PC's. I went back to one of them, installed it as admin and ran it in win 7 compatability mode, and it worked as should. I had run compatability mode the other times. I guess installing it as am admin made the difference? it's wierd, but I'm happy I at least got it working.

radiotweester

It seems like my software may be broken.... I downloaded it from vertex radio group, so it's wierd, i've also run it on 3 different PCs i keep getting blank screens inside the software View attachment 151271
Windows 10? Try it on a 7 or 8 OS. I think Windows 10 came out after the initial release of CE151 and Vertex wasn't in to changing an in progress software because of a new OS. They'd just update it for firmware changes or big bugs. Even with compatibility enabled on 10 (and probably 11) most of my "older" Vertex software seems to do stupid stuff. The screen shot I posted is also of the default UHF A (CE151 Ver 1.06 Exp), Windows 7.

WRTH776

Windows 10? Try it on a 7 or 8 OS. I think Windows 10 came out after the initial release of CE151 and Vertex wasn't in to changing an in progress software because of a new OS. They'd just update it for firmware changes or big bugs. Even with compatibility enabled on 10 (and probably 11) most of my "older" Vertex software seems to do stupid stuff. The screen shot I posted is also of the default UHF A (CE151 Ver 1.06 Exp), Windows 7.
the blank screen was win 7, I Adlai tried on win 8 and win 10. above I posted what finally worked, and odd enough it was on the win 10 pc, but in win 7 compatability and installed as an admin.

radiotweester

the blank screen was win 7, I Adlai tried on win 8 and win 10. above I posted what finally worked, and odd enough it was on the win 10 pc, but in win 7 compatability and installed as an admin.
Copy that. Odd indeed. I was actually replying to post #11 and his blank fields with that reply.