• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Vertex Standard HX270/HX370 Marine Band alignment (NOT programming).

Status
Not open for further replies.

g8tzl2004

I have a copy of the HX270/370 programming software (CE68 v1.01) which can be download from the Standard Horizon site.

However, the radio is NOT aligned using the programming software but uses either the radio keypad (instructions are in the service manual) OR what is known as "Service Flag Controller" alignment software. I want to lower the SQ threshold which is set too high even at "level 1".

Has anybody ever come across this alignment software? Does it actually exist? The service manual seems to focus on using the keypad for alignment but I guess using the alignment software is a better way forward.

radiotweester

I don't believe it exists as with the SVC of the CE19 or CE49 or is it built in alignment menus with a - or / letter to a lot of the other CE softwares.
As it's a Marine radio, they kept it separate from the LMR software and even though the 370 could be programmed with the LMR channels, CE-68 was a pain to get. As the squelch is at 1 and still too high, are you sure the front end isn't fried?

g8tzl2004

The HX370 front end is OK as when I open the SQ it receives as well as my other radios on marine band.

I think the original owner of the radio had adjusted the SQ level...several additional LMR channels had also been added...the HX370 is capable of being programmed with 40 LMR frequencies (or 2m band) as well as the marine band.

SVC49 to align a VX4000/5500/6000 definitely exists...I think I just wasted $45 buying what is basically a 50 cent DB25 plug to align a VX4000 :(

g8tzl2004

CORRECTION: the VX4000 alignment cable basically costs 51 cents as it also includes a resistor :) I'm slowly (after 7 years) getting into a position to align a VX4000 :) The resisitor is on pin 9 TXD...but that is for using a FIF-8 to align a VX4000...do you still need a resisitor with a FIF-12?

Status
Not open for further replies.