Victoria Police North Central goes digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

followspot2

Well, I hadn't thought of that. However, it wouldn't be good if the fire ground channals went encrypted down the track like the police.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I don't think CFA fire ground channels will ever be encrypted as CFA recommends people to use Uniden UBCD436-PT Scanners to listen into it, and there would be a massive back lash if they were to do it.

Or another option would be to stream DELWP dispatch channel. I don't know anything about it but that it exists.

It is you're livestreem, so do what you want to do. But that is just some more options.

Willovk3hpd

Are the CFA District 12 channels all digital including the fireground. Also District 13.

What if any channels are still Analog?

Well, I think district 14 may be still analog, but I don't think it's going to be for much longer. If you want to listen to districts 12 and 13, they are on Radio Refference and in the scanner apps. District 12 is in the Hume county and district 13 is in the Eastern Metro county. As far as I know, district 14 is the only analog one. The district 12 and 13 feeds are dispatch feeds. I don't think there are any fire ground feeds there. There are no encrypted CFA channals that I'm aware of at this point. They are P25 phase i but shortly going to phase ii unencrypted. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

rustynswrail

Be very careful streaming ambulance transmissions. Even thought they are not encrypted and transmissions have no expectation of privacy, you maybe in breach of the Australian Privacy Principles 3.4 and Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), as well as Victorian legislation regarding the dissemination of medical information. Even though most if not all personal medical information is provided by pager or MDT as soon as an Ambulance Officer says on the radio something like, "Mr Brown has a migraine", that is personal medical information and is not open to wholesale distribution. It is a very grey and muddy area and should be avoided.

conann9

I interest in police frequent channels

Hi I like to know if any one can send me the new police frequencies the numbers it’s ok if incripted I just like to have the numbers for country Victoria , I see in free scan there is the Melbourne ones I am after the vic ones Loddon Mallee cheers

djdeekay

Premium Subscriber
Police in Bendigo, at least, are using the same RMR channel as CFA and SES, 166.575, on TGID 3222. You won't hear anything other than a garbled mess though, so I honestly wouldn't bother. I had to lock it out because it was getting painfully annoying.

Also, with CFA fireground comms, it's P25, but point to point, not through a repeater. You have to be relatively close to be able to pick it up especially when most fireground comms is done on portable radios not in vehicles. So to broadcast it, you might be able to stream half the jobs around town, but not the others. It's a tough one, but if you could make it work I'd definitely be a listener being a volunteer myself.

Last edited:

conann9

hi i am stile afrer the freq for the police even iif cant hear them i like to see em i believe some 2217,2248 is only ones i heard to be in my district so please give a few so i can see i have the fire department ok here in digital so please send me a few freq for police so i see witch ones thanks

slylingus

Police in Bendigo, at least, are using the same RMR channel as CFA and SES, 166.575, on TGID 3222. You won't hear anything other than a garbled mess though, so I honestly wouldn't bother.
As the answer in this post already
NO POINT you are chasing something that does not exist

conann9

Re ambo

Try 413.2250
and search between 403.000 up to 460.00 for ambulance Victoria
Cheers Rod
Hi just try this is the ambulance 165.600 it working a tread we’re I live I hear the whole state operator here in the 3480 erea ok
Before I go I would like som police freq even if digital okand ses I have the old ones not sure if new one are av ok wel try that ambo freq ok it should work cheers conann9

Status
Not open for further replies.