Vintage Uniden Scanner Question (specifically about packaging)

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
But it looked nice! It had a lot of features, but was poorly made with an almost deaf front end. OTOH, the 101 had a hot receiver both electronically and physically. We sent a number of them back to Electra for repair because they over heated and shut down.

Did you ever use or own any of the Tennelec scanners? TS1 and TS2. Great concepts, lousy construction.

Or the Regency "Touch" scanners?
Yep, with my memory with the scanner history, it's funny that I do remember the Electra Bearcats did have a serial number associated with the radio on the box but couldn't remember about the Uniden models..

The 101 was introduced late 1974 and I actually read somewhere about the overheating issue and waited a little bit and got mine at Lafayette Electronics in 1975, ended up having three of them and no overheating issues.

Even though the 300 was a hot mess some people had very good results with them, I did have a Regency touch scanner but never got involved with the TS1 and TS2.

Man if I had a nickel for every piece of radio equipment I had from the mid-60s on, I'd be a wealthy man😄.

KE6BQG

Premium Subscriber
Hi
I'm Darryl
and in the sf bay area
and cut me teeth on scanners
i've seen the serial numbers on the
box sticker on back,and in the unit in the battery compartment.

there is a place in southern california
they make books and frequency lists
ATTECT or something like that. sorry about my spelling and grammar
i'm learning disabiled

and they have a book
or repair tricks or Mods.
for most of these radios
for your classwork.

please pm with questions
any time
good luck
Darryl

garys

Premium Subscriber
I was in retail back then and the shop I worked at sold to employees at something like cost + 2%. I was single, so had plenty of money. :) I bought them as they came out. 101, Regency Touch, Touch K100, Touch K500, Electra 210, 220, Thin Scan, and on and on. Fun times.

I saw a BC350 back in about 1981, but never got one and in fact didn't know that they were actually sold until several years later. The 350 was the first scanner with an Alpha Tag option.

Yep, with my memory with the scanner history, it's funny that I do remember the Electra Bearcats did have a serial number associated with the radio on the box but couldn't remember about the Uniden models..

The 101 was introduced late 1974 and I actually read somewhere about the overheating issue and waited a little bit and got mine at Lafayette Electronics in 1975, ended up having three of them and no overheating issues.

Even though the 300 was a hot mess some people had very good results with them, I did have a Regency touch scanner but never got involved with the TS1 and TS2.

Man if I had a nickel for every piece of radio equipment I had from the mid-60s on, I'd be a wealthy man😄.

ChrisABQ

I'm wondering why this thread was not closed. A question was asked, I believe one or two good answers were given and the OP thanked everyone and moved on. Yet, everybody else seems to be stuck in their stories of the "Good 'ole Days" and what everyone else had. This is exactly why it is so hard to find information on this site, the endless stories of everyone's past. Please close this thread, business has been completed.