Virus ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caddop22

Have any of you had or know someone who has had their computer infected with the "Trojan-Downloader.js.multi.ca" virus?

It is one nasty son of a b^%$h.

How did they/them get rid of it?

yddoow

I am not sure what you are saying here . Malwarebytes in the non registered version does
not run in the background therefore it is safe to use with other virus protection and will not
conflict with each other . I am using AVG 9 and also have Mbam installed and only run that
periodically when needed , I have never found any problems , nor conflicts while doing this .
JMO

N0IU

Not that you need one, but add one more vote for Malwarebytes. My "everyday" protection program is from Trend Micro, but it doesn't catch everything. Malwarebytes doesn't run in real time so it won't catch intrusions as they happen, but it does a better job than any other free program I have found (so far) of removing stuff when you do run it. My advice is to run it at night before you go to bed since it can take a long time to do a complete scan.

The only real issue I have with it running it along with another real-time program is that it will not automatically start up when I reboot. A little box pops up that tells me one of the startup programs can not be started so I have to click on the option to start it manually.

yddoow

IMO , I do not think Mbam should have been placed on startup , check msconfig and see
if it put it there , un-tick and reboot , just a thought .

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I'd also agree with Malwarebytes. We had a virus a few months ago that infected a few hundred PCs. We used Malwarebyts to clean a lot of them. It worked so well, we bought a site license.

To clean up your PC, you may need to boot into safe mode so it won't load while you're trying to clean it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.