Visiting NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA_tx_88116

Rather listen than to stream
As the title says I’m visiting NYC in July and would like to know what is worth listening to over there I’m particularly interested in the NYPD and feds but any other recommendations would be appreciated. But now some questions about the NYPD. I understand that a city this huge would be very busy so to be able to scan efficiently I might want to listen to only the precinct in my local area as well as tactical stuff like the special operations division, but I have some questions about the SOD for one why are all those units merged into one channel and how are calls dispatched there? What are the patrol borough channels for and why are they encrypted? Why are some precinct dispatch channels encrypted and others are not?

SA_tx_88116

Alright I’m here well I got here Saturday but at nighttime when I get back to the hotel around 12:00 or 1 am I turn on my sds 100 and enjoy all the crazy traffic but I do have a few questions like I heard a call from SOD about 3 males who fired some shots so they set up a mobilization point like 10-15 blocks away from the actual shooting for the level 1 to meet up but from here do they switch to a tactical or a citywide channel and I guess they go looking for the guys? And I’m also guessing the ESU is basically like a swat team? And why are there so many different data bursts on nypd I sometimes hear an MDC1200 along with the typical data bursts and for some reason I got a terrible reception on fdny. By the way I really enjoy the subway system it’s cool to get around the whole city in just a few minutes there’s also some interesting characters on there like today I saw some tweaker playing with his belt saying “it’s long and strong that’s why your mom likes it” to some rich guys

SA_tx_88116

Jesus Christ I asked a question and got flooded with a bunch of stupid arguments about law whenever I don’t even take the scanner on the subway it stays at the hotel because I don’t wanna get robbed

Status
Not open for further replies.