aschenavar
Member
- Joined
- May 8, 2011
- Messages
- 78
- Reaction score
- -21
Hi everyone, I just installed a free to me Vertex 3000, and have encountered some noise upon receiving transmissions and apparently some while transmitting myself. It seems to clear up quite a bit with the engine OFF, but while the engine is running the audio is choppy and has some type of crackle or static to it, it seems.
Power was taken from fuse block off constant hot and the ground is off a bolt on the passenger seat. Antenna is a 1/4 wave off a fender mount with RG-58.
Any ideas? I'm assuming its either the power wire picking up something or possibly that ground point?
Thanks
Power was taken from fuse block off constant hot and the ground is off a bolt on the passenger seat. Antenna is a 1/4 wave off a fender mount with RG-58.
Any ideas? I'm assuming its either the power wire picking up something or possibly that ground point?
Thanks
Last edited: