Wall wart for Sangean ATS 909X

Status
Not open for further replies.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
As for the 909x2, I'm not holding my breath waiting for it, because I'm happy with the 909x the way it is. It's giving me excellent service, and I don't need any additional bells and whistles.

Gerry you really should try the PL880 (or the newest Tecsun portable when it comes out.) Back in April/May I was testing them side by side and while the 909X was decent at SW reception -- it wasn't nearly as sensitive as the PL880. From SW BC to SSB stations it was pretty drastic. I suspect the 909X2 will be to release a portable that's worthy of Sangean's "last" SW product.

GB46

Gerry you really should try the PL880 (or the newest Tecsun portable when it comes out.) Back in April/May I was testing them side by side and while the 909X was decent at SW reception -- it wasn't nearly as sensitive as the PL880. From SW BC to SSB stations it was pretty drastic. I suspect the 909X2 will be to release a portable that's worthy of Sangean's "last" SW product.
I have no problem with sensitivity, because the signals on the Sangean aren't much weaker with just the whip than on my Icom R75 with a long wire. The problem here is mostly my urban location, which is in a valley, with mountains and RFI sources in all directions. There's also no way for me to get the radio far enough away from the building. My only outside access is the balcony, which is partly enclosed, and the outer wall of that is only about 3 feet from my apartment. so even an external antenna would essentially still be inside the building. When I brought the Sangean along on a vacation trip last year, I listened to it outside in a park, and signals were very strong, with little to no background noise. The same stations were hard to hear inside the hotel or back home.

Since I'm stuck at my present location for the long term, buying another new receiver, regardless of price or sensitivity, would be a waste of money. That's why I've ruled out the next Sangean model.

When propagation is good and brings in signals strong enough to override the noise, listening to the 909x is a pleasure, but otherwise I find myself spending more time monitoring local VHF and UHF services on my scanner.

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire

The Discover 909X is the perfect world band radio to roam the globe with. The world is brought together via radio since a long time; enjoy it with the Discover 909X. Never forget your favorite radio stations because of the alpha-numeric memory system. The built-in 3" speaker lets you conveniently listen anywhere. You can also listen to the Discover 909X using the 3.5mm headphone jack and the included earbuds. It provides performance and features generally found in the more expensive table top communication receivers into a very compact and stylish package. For the monitoring professional who's on the go, the Discover 909X is the ideal choice! Featuring wide-band AM/FM coverage from long wave, medium wave, short wave. The DSP comes as standard (Digital Signal Processing) with the unit and includes a number of features which can significantly enhance reception through improved interference rejection. For everyday portable operation, use four "AA" batteries (not included). For operation from your home, choose the supplied AC-AC power adapter.

** 10 New Improved Features **

1. Air band
2. FM Soft mute
3. RDS PTY and RT
4. MENU and INFO setting
5. Auto Bandwidth Control
6. Bigger LCD
7. 3 times the preset quantity
8. Dimmer LCD back light and fade IN/OUT
9. 10Hz tuning step of SSB
10. Smart charger (single battery detection)

Status
Not open for further replies.