• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Want to get into an NXDN (ham use)

W3KIT

Folks,

I have been a ham for long time now, i currently own many radios and many platforms. Be it P26, DMR or C4FM.

I am missing NXDN. I was looking at NX5300 handheld and I do have an idea how much it would cost me to get one of those.

However, I could not seem to find a place to get the prpgramming software or the programing cable for it as far as the price.

Looks like Kewood kept the lid on so tight.

I have not call to any dealers as I have no idea if I do have one near by.

My question is roughly how much am I looking at both software and cable?

I do understand that they will cost me but I have preparing for it. Well as long as they do not cost as much or even more than the cost of a new radio.

I want my ham equipment collection to include an NXDN.

Thanks,

Kit

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Hi Kit, I am a ham friendly dealer contact.

For UHF, if you want analog wide band, you will want to purchase the wideband license. Those go for 155. The cable, KPG-36X, price varies, but from me 145 with shipping.

The 5000 will do 2 digital at a time, even if you have p25 and dmr activated.
NXDN is included with the radio out of the box.
I also have a stock of other nx5000 series options as well.

Welcome to the hobby.

W3KIT

KD4EFM,

Oh, nice. I think I have coming accrossed your call on QRZ a few times from searching for NXDN info.

At any rate, I do not think I could PM you here since I am a new user.

Ham radio is not new to me by any mean, total maybe 35 + years. But NXDN is sort of new to me and I am in the "I want one" mode 😀

Anyway, is your email listed on QRZ good? I can email you some questions and details via the email then?

Kit

human8472

Hi Kit, I am a ham friendly dealer contact.

For UHF, if you want analog wide band, you will want to purchase the wideband license. Those go for 155. The cable, KPG-36X, price varies, but from me 145 with shipping.

The 5000 will do 2 digital at a time, even if you have p25 and dmr activated.
NXDN is included with the radio out of the box.
I also have a stock of other nx5000 series options as well.

Welcome to the hobby.
Any idea how much the FPP option costs?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
But NXDN is sort of new to me and I am in the "I want one" mode 😀

If you already own DMR and P25 capable radios, you can save some money by going with one of the lower models.
The NX-5300 is a really nice radio. It's big selling point is that it'll do multiple digital modes. It can get a bit costly if you want all those loaded in the radio.

The NX-3300 series will do analog and NXDN —OR— DMR based on programming. It's less expensive than the NX-5K line.
There is also the NX-1300, it'll do Analog and NXDN, less expensive than the NX-3000 line.
I'm running a bunch of the NX-3000 series at work, as well as a bunch of NX-1300's. I have a few NX-5000 series mobiles, also.
Either way, you can't go wrong. Good radios….

kd4efm will look after you.

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
$300 List, but Evans should be able to get it for you cheaper than that.
Yea, FPP was not cheap. I'm not sure it it's the case on the 5200 (VHF) but on my 5300 (UHF) the FPP is narrow band only, even if it is just editing an existing wideband channel, it converts it to narrow. For digital channels, not an issue.

Echo4Thirty

Premium Subscriber
For the used market you can also use the older NX-300 (UHF) or NX-200 (VHF). Icom also has some good options. I use the ICOM IC-F4161DT and it has the bonus of being able to non affilate scan NXDN trunked systems, whereas the kenwoods will refuse to unmute.