Warren County - Locution fire alert dispatch testing?

J_8671

Premium Subscriber
I have been hearing what sounds like Locution fire alert dispatching on MARCS-IP TG 48692, which the database has as "County National Incident Management System Ops"
Does anyone know if this is perhaps just being used for testing Locution? I have not heard it on the County Fire Alert (48675) or County Fire Primary (48674)

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I would suggest joining the MONIX groups.io It has been discussed in that forum by some with direct knowledge of what's happening.

DanKC8PAE

Premium Subscriber
You are correct. This is the Warren County NIMS talk group. Warren County is going to be switching to locution dispatch here in the near future. They are just using the NIMS talk group for testing purposes. As scannerboy02 Said joining the Monix Radio group is a great place for Information and learning. This group is a bunch of scanner and other radio enthusiasts that meet twice a month. There is the Monix North meeting witch is the second Saturday of each month at 6 PM. The Monix South meeting is the third Saturday of each month at 6 PM. This group covers a lot of radio topics in the Miami Valley and Tri State area. The Monix North meeting is tonight at the Donato's Pizza party room 7912 Paragon Rd Centerville Ohio (area of the Dayton Mall) all are welcome to attend and there are no dues or fees to become a member. They meet at this location every second Saturday of the month. One of tonight's topics will be the issues that some people are having with the new firmware update for the Uniden SDS Scanners. Next Saturday's Monix South meeting is at the Donato's pizza 15 Donnermeyer Rd Bellevue KY 41073 at 6 PM in the party room. Again all are welcome to attend and there are no dues or fees to become a member. Just be a scanner or radio Hobbiest. Let me know if you have anymore questions on the Warren County Locution dispatch or the Monix Radio club and I will answer the best that I can.