Web server scanning streaming liability, security, and rules

TexTAC

I finally refined my live stream using the web server functions in Proscan and have a few questions:

1 - Are there legal liabilities associated with publicly sharing live streams (e.g. what if someone uses it while committing a crime)?
2 - Are there security risks associated with my computer/server while publicly sharing a live stream? (I do have a secure HTTPS link)
3 - Does Radio Reference allow posts containing links to personal live streams or does that go against forum rules?

The more I use Proscan the more I love the program. It is loaded with features. I am now able to stream to my phone (and to my car audio using bluetooth) and control the scanner remotely. After figuring out the notch filters in Proscan, I was able to remove the hum and the audio quality is very good. I had issues getting the "Let's Encrypt" certificate even after forwarding port 80 and removing the firewall setting in my router. I had to disable all the security software on my PC and then re-enable the security settings after getting the certificate.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
1 - Are there legal liabilities associated with publicly sharing live streams (e.g. what if someone uses it while committing a crime)?
Thread is a bit antiquated but the concepts are still the same. Stick to the terms and conditions you must agree to when starting a stream and you should be fine