What does it indicate

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackj

It looks like a signal coverage map. Engineering used to generate these when I worked of Motorola C&C back in the early 70's.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Those blue circles are nothing more than a representation of the Lat/Long/Radius that was entered into the database. It has nothing to do with any real signal coverage.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I would like to add that looks suspiciously like a default that was entered at some point. When the geo-tag data was first being set up, all the counties received an "automatic" center point and a 25 mile radius. Agency pages could get this "set", in error, by an admin doing something at the agency page level and updating without correcting the inherited geo-tag data from the county.

jackj

My answer has been refined by others. My original answer assumed that you knew my answer would be for the system whose link you provided. The what would be the transmitter's coverage.

digitalanalog

There was no specific system for the link i provided, it was the entire Columbiana County Fire link, no one specific system

There is no one specific transmitter identified, again this was from the entire county fire view, so transmitter coverage is not even an option here

my answer would be for the system whose link you provided. The what would be the transmitter's coverage.

digitalanalog

Thank You

I would like to add that looks suspiciously like a default that was entered at some point. When the geo-tag data was first being set up, all the counties received an "automatic" center point and a 25 mile radius. Agency pages could get this "set", in error, by an admin doing something at the agency page level and updating without correcting the inherited geo-tag data from the county.

Status
Not open for further replies.