What Models of scanners will work with Project 25 Phase I system

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaymac

Hi Folks,
Looking to ensure i purchase the proper digital scanner so i can monitor non encrypted radio local radio communications. What models will work? thanks

kb5udf

Premium Subscriber
Of the current production scanners this looks like a reasonably inclusive list, but of course does not list older, out of production scanners that will work just fine:

Though technically not a scanner, new firmware lets it function as such, lots of people on this forum like the unication P25 Pagers

ILjim

10+ Years Listening
Premium Subscriber
I agree with those who are suggesting that you get a P25 Phase II scanner. I bought myself a GRE PSR-500 back in 2017 and for the most part, it worked fine monitoring IL's statewide P25 system. However, with more and more agencies joining the system, it has been upgraded to support Phase II. As a result, I can only receive some agencies and not others, even if they're not encrypted, due to the simple fact that it doesn't receive Phase II.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
OP exactly what do you want to listen to and what is the specific location (county) you want to monitor. We need to know the type of system that is in use and can recommend radios from that.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.