Where are all the Saskatchewan Scanner listeners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gs_new

Holy! Am I the only one? There has to be a few of us, oh yeah they are probably all in Alberta! Oh well say hi to my brother. Seriously though is anyone else out there?

On a side note is there any way to catch any of the amateur or shortwave repeaters in Regina on a scanner. Currently I only have my stubby antenna and a 3' mag mount antenna from my work that I use on my Pro 97.

The closest city to here in Regina is Moose Jaw about 45 miles away. If I were to throw a small antenna on my roof would I be able to pickup more freqs?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
You've gotta give them time to drive back from Calgary after watching your guys whipping our butts on the weekend in the football game. ;) I was stuck in that traffic for years last Sunday.

Just kidding. Keep posting and eventually people will come out to play..

dtvdragon

hello there iam a new sask scanner nut, just got my uniden bct8 and trying to find alot of freq, for my area its fun and neat to listen to but would still like more freq, Dragon

Nosila

i live in big river sask and how do i get the frequencies for the local RCMP??

RBerezowski

Nosila said:
i live in big river sask and how do i get the frequencies for the local RCMP??

You can find the local frequencies for the RCMP in the database on Radio Reference. Here is a link to a list of the old RCMP VHF frequencies used province wide in Saskatchewan.

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&aid=2045

As I said, those are the old frequencies. You will find Big River using Ch 9 (Local) for car to car communications, and one or more of the other frequencies for longer range communications. Plug in all 12 channels (don't bother with the "Input" frequencies) and start scanning. You should hear something, unless they've moved to the new system.

The RCMP in Saskatchewan are moving to a new digital VHF trunked radio network. Right now they are using both the new and old systems. I do not know if Big River has been converted to the new system yet or not. The new system is P25 digital, so you will need a digital scanner. There are a few frequencies for the new system in the database.

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=4632

The frequencies for the new system should be in the 138 to 140 MHz range. I would search that range, looking for a digital control channel signal. The control channel signal will be a continuous data signal, and should not be hard to find. You will have to continue to search the same range looking for the voice channels though. There may be 4 or 5 of them.

Hope this helps.

Rob
Regina

Nosila

does anyone know frequencies around Big River Sask?.....i have the RCMP but i would like to listen to anything else i can

Bluedmax

Nosila said:
does anyone know frequencies around Big River Sask?.....i have the RCMP but i would like to listen to anything else i can

Why not enter all these in and you know in a hour or so....

sorry i see you have the rcmp

Nosila

can anyone help me with talkgroup id's.....im not sure how to enter them into my scanner , i have a bc 246t and the manual is so confusing

richster

Nosila said:

There is quite a bit you can listen too.

I did a search at IC for all licences from 30Mhz to 900Mhz, within a 25km radius of Big River. Download this text file.

View attachment Big River.txt

You have Sasktel Fleetnet in you area, but the frequencies listed for your area don't seem to match any system in the RR database. So if you have a trunktracker, programming fleetnet in will be difficult. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Richster.

Nosila

and i have been using 155.6100 for the rcmp but i'm not getting as much as i think i should....is there another frequincie that they use?

Bluedmax

Nosila said:
and i have been using 155.6100 for the rcmp but i'm not getting as much as i think i should....is there another frequincie that they use?

They all ( mostly ) have laptop computers in there cars, and therefore hardly need to use radios anymore... and they use cell phones also.....

richster

Nosila said:
does any know of the ambulance frequincies around big river sask?

EMS in your area are on Sasktel Fleetnet. What TG they operate on is not known, but they are definately on Fleetnet.

Regards,
Richster.

rcss97

Saskatchewan Scanner Listeners

Maybe we should get together and post all to a common website.
you may contact myself if you are interested in doing something similiar.

I have some frequencies for the east side of the province, which I could add:
located at:

http://parc.sasktelwebsite.net/scanner.html

ttyl

Randy

Jay911

Feed Provider

rcss97

Frequency Database

well, I didn't mean anything by my previous post...this website is absolutely super, but sometimes it would be more convenient to share different frequencies among the many smaller communities in the province....on a more local basis....without paying a subscription fee for only a few frequencies. Another site I was on was also great, in that if you uploaded information about your area, then the site was free for a limited time...which I think would be a great Idea...but only a suggestion don't take it the wrong way....

I do plan on subscribing anyhow to your site.

ttyl and all the best....

Randy

Jay911

Feed Provider
Access to the frequencies and other database information is totally free. The only things which require a "subscription fee" are using the advanced searches and the extra added-value features like downloading a CSV file, etc. The guy who runs this site has always offered the database stuff for free and has promised it will remain that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.